8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does ne body have the neuspeed race springs? i wanna see pics and hear about how they handle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,610 Posts
I don't know if anyone would have them, at least for now. Having 2.0"+ drop with factory shocks (as there doesn't seem to be any aftermarket - yet), would really result in the OEM shocks blowing, IMO.

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
nmitros said:
does ne body have the neuspeed race springs? i wanna see pics and hear about how they handle.
I've got a Set! Handles GREAT!! Consider the G's i pull in my FG. Only down-fall will be sum popping noise over sum bumps.
Here's a Pix:
[/IMG]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,283 Posts
2" is to low of a drop not only for the dampers (shocks) but also the suspension geometry. The over lowering moves the roll center of the car which actually cause more body roll relative to suspension travel than a stock car would. That is not good for handling. Also, over lowering can cause the front tires to gain positve camber which lowers front grip a substantial amount. I will bet you anything, your car with stock springs will spank your neuspeed car on any road corse becuase your suspension geometry is so effed up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,283 Posts
nmitros said:
that's y they have camber correction kits for both front and rear

Camber kits don't adjust roll centers. Only roll center adjusters adjust roll center and they aren't out yet. Roll center has a bigger impact on handling than camber does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,477 Posts
Sirbelch said:
2" is to low of a drop not only for the dampers (shocks) but also the suspension geometry. The over lowering moves the roll center of the car which actually cause more body roll relative to suspension travel than a stock car would. That is not good for handling. Also, over lowering can cause the front tires to gain positve camber which lowers front grip a substantial amount. I will bet you anything, your car with stock springs will spank your neuspeed car on any road corse becuase your suspension geometry is so effed up.
I am glad we are on the same page! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,477 Posts
Sirbelch said:
Camber kits don't adjust roll centers. Only roll center adjusters adjust roll center and they aren't out yet. Roll center has a bigger impact on handling than camber does.
Adjusting camber and of such can increase rotation of the vehicle around turns. Just have to sacrafice a little tread wear. :thumb:

Edit: A good alignment would not hurt that is dialed to more of an agressive nature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
Belch if you were to run SAY -4 degrees camber, chances are no matter how Screwed up the RC is it still won't go positive right :p You know I love you still right...

Not even TOE is the general killer for tire wear, camber will do it and it is generally balamed on camber cause that is what people can see with their eyes but Toe is the tire eater, although toe can be used to help rotate the car VERY suscessfully I might add
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,477 Posts
Highrev1 said:
Belch if you were to run SAY -4 degrees camber, chances are no matter how Screwed up the RC is it still won't go positive right :p You know I love you still right...

Not even TOE is the general killer for tire wear, camber will do it and it is generally balamed on camber cause that is what people can see with their eyes but Toe is the tire eater, although toe can be used to help rotate the car VERY suscessfully I might add
That is what I meant to say. Haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,283 Posts
Highrev1 said:
Belch if you were to run SAY -4 degrees camber, chances are no matter how Screwed up the RC is it still won't go positive right :p You know I love you still right...
Yes, camber won't go positive, but it still won't fix the roll center.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
Well guys, thanks on the Advice on Suspension Geometry. But so far everything been Great! Haven't have any Shock or Tire issue, (20,000 miles) with Mods. And theres no plan for Road-Course Racing in the Future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,283 Posts
wow that would be way too low for me...especially in winters where I can plow the street lol..It does look good though
Whats that? I've heard that word thrown around a couple of times but I can't figure out what it means. :biggrin: It just gets a little chilli out here and it rains sometimes.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top