8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a race header with stock exhaust video or audio clip? Im trying to keep the noise level down while making power. With and without aftermarket intake would be very helpful as well.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I have BCRH, Fujita SRI and stock exhaust. Sounds very nice, but not loud at all. My friend has stock airbox/header and a BC exhaust and his car is louder than mine.

Oh, both are 2007 FA5.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a dcrh with stock exhaust and k&n filter in stock air box, not to loud under 4k but after that sounds good, has a deep tone, not raspy. has slight rumble under load at lower rpms but when cruising sounds stock.
:vtec:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
thanks for this post! very informative , thanks for asking this question. I also want to keep stock exaust and get hondata reflash possibly with x's intake or a header, so this helps. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the reflash but I am still deciding what mod to go along with so this helps me keep my stock exaust, either header or intake or both...........

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^WOW.. that was fast. Thank you for all the input and opinions. For me the added noise for an exhaust isnt worth the minimal power... 5-10 hp on a 3000lb+ car with driver and fuel isnt going to be very noticable. If anyone can dig up some videos, that would be great!

*for my info.. what is the output size of the DC Sport race header?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm waiting to get my dcrh header installed I've got the K&N filter in now and the P2R gaskets and throttle body spacer on it, but I'm really anxious to see what it sounds like with the header on. Any sound clips with this setup out ther?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reflash is suppose to work with an intake or header or both.. the exhaust the way hondata puts it (as long as its LESS restrictive then stock) leads me to believe there isnt a whole lot of power to be made there. I eventually want to do a k24 bottom end... the stock exhaust may be changed then because of the increase in displacement and airflow.

Any videos?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The reflash is suppose to work with an intake or header or both.. the exhaust the way hondata puts it (as long as its LESS restrictive then stock) leads me to believe there isnt a whole lot of power to be made there. I eventually want to do a k24 bottom end... the stock exhaust may be changed then because of the increase in displacement and airflow.

Any videos?
Exactly, I don't think putting on an aftermarket exaust is worth it, the stock setup works well with hondata....and an exaust may lose some low end.....I may just go with x's intake.......

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
FWIW, when I had my RT cat on a stock car, I didn't full much gain.. then I threw on a catback and I felt some seat of the pants gains. Now, I replaced my RT cat with the DCRH and felt a LOT of gains. I think an exhaust won't yield as much, but the gains being worth the extra noise factor is the decision to make. This is unproven though, just through the butt :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.