8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought my DCRH brand new and it works great, gives good power. But...why is it so small compared to K20A2 and K20Z1 motors? the diameter of the pipes on the header is the same exact as the stock exhaust on my 06 SI. When I had my K20A2 in my 02 civic, the header was much bigger. Anyways, the real question as to why i'm posting this is...will the DCRH off the 05-06 rsx-s (K20A2) fit the 06 SI? Someone please answer this if you know, because i hate the fact that DC COULD'VE made it bigger for more power but didn't.

·
Registered
622 Posts
yeah when i got mine i thought the same thing. my friend has an 06 rsx and his DC is ALOT wider after the flex pipe. ours is so...dink. like 2.25" or something

·
Registered
59 Posts
our is 2" O.D. something like 1.920inch I.D..

I think of instaling an expander and a 2.5" flex if the flex broke.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
I always wondered why the dcrh was so small. Maybe you should call them and ask why it's that way and if the rsx one will fit. I don't think it will. I think it'll hit the chassis or the sway bar.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only one way to find out, i still have my stock header off the K20A2 (2002 rsx-s), I guess i could try and see if that fits. If it does, then the DCRH off the type s rsx should fit as well. Wish i would have kept my old dc when i sold that damn car, LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts