8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was driving home an hour ago when suddenly i hear something crash into the left side of the car. When I look at my side mirror I see a raccoon getting up and running off. When I get home I see this small dent and my paint cracked..Sooo my question is, should I get this fixed by insurance (my deductible is $500..ooo that hurts) or have it fixed somewhere? Anyone know a good body shop around?

Would you guys know how much it would cost to get this fixed?

Or should i just touch up the paint and have it fixed after winter?

Orr... you think I could fix this myself?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It ran into my car. Sheesh. Hehehe yea I know it's a funny story..it's the expected cost that hurts right now.

·
Registered
506 Posts
CivicPinoy said:
It ran into my car. Sheesh. Hehehe yea I know it's a funny story..it's the expected cost that hurts right now.
Wow, are our cars realy that cheap that a raccoon running into it can dent it like that.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
wow... damn forest creatures.. that sucks man...... yeah our cars suck when it comes to scratches and dents but at least in major accidents they do the job :thumb:

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
I would get it fixed by the insurance, looks like its more than $500 damage to me, plus it seems it chipped some paint too. If it was a little more minor i would recommend just getting a side HFP lip kit

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
CivicPinoy said:
So I was driving home an hour ago when suddenly i hear something crash into the left side of the car. When I look at my side mirror I see a raccoon getting up and running off. When I get home I see this dent and my paint messed up..Sooo my question is, should I get this fixed by insurance (my deductible is $500..ooo that hurts) or have it fixed somewhere? Anyone know a good body shop around here in Eagan?

Would you guys know how much it would cost to get this fixed?

Or should i just touch up the paint and have it fixed after winter?

Orr... you think I could fix this myself?

This really sucks..
When you hit an animal, it falls under comprehensive coverage. Check your insurance. You might be ok. I hit a deer a few years ago and my comprehensive coverage paid for all the damage while I had a deductible on my collision.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, I had it estimated at Abra Auto and at Hopkins Honda.
Rough estimate for Abra was $500 max, at Hopkins it was $800 (wtf???)

I did go to a Paintless Dent Repair place beside Abra in Eden Prarie, they said that they can't repair it because the metal at the bottom is too thick as compared to the other panels. I was hoping I could just have it Dent Repaired and I could DIY the paint following one of the threads here.

What aggravates things is that I have to get it done ASAP before it starts snowing and they start putting road salt.

Suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Check out Superior Collision in Eagan and tell them you were referred by John Rasky. That is my father and he used to work there....they do very good work. Or if you want you can take it too Lamettry's in Eden Prairie where he works now. $500 seems a little steep to me but it's not far off. I would think PDR could get it out almost all they way...it's down so low they could make it look at lot better at the very least. I guess it all depends on where you are at for cash. If it were me I would just go to the body shop and have it done right. :sadwavy:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RaskyR1 said:
Check out Superior Collision in Eagan and tell them you were referred by John Rasky. That is my father and he used to work there....they do very good work. Or if you want you can take it too Lamettry's in Eden Prairie where he works now. $500 seems a little steep to me but it's not far off. I would think PDR could get it out almost all they way...it's down so low they could make it look at lot better at the very least. I guess it all depends on where you are at for cash. If it were me I would just go to the body shop and have it done right. :sadwavy:
Thanks Rasky! I'll check them both out today or tomorrow and get an estimate. :wavey:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I had it estimated at Supercollision in Eagan, they quoted it at 616..I went to Lammetry's here in Eden Prarie as Rasky suggested and they quoted 651...so I'm going with Lammetry's, their place looks pretty good and the cars I've seen being fixed their are Benzs, Volvo's etc, so they seem to do good work considering their clients trust them with their expensive cars.

My insurance agent seemed ok when I told him about it..I dunno if he believed me though. I'll post pics once it gets fixed.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts