8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally i've been meaning to do this conversion since i found out my LX had rear drums! I got all my parts off a wrecked EX sedan price for the whole rear suspension and brakes ran me about $500 dollars.
i didn't need alot of the things but the junk yard would do all or nothing.
Items used for swap.
Rear disc knuckle
disc
caliper
e brake line
abs connector

it was a pretty straight forward swap the only problem we ran into is running the ebrake line through the bottom and up because the line from the sedan is a bit longer and only comes with 3 instead of 4 bolts to bolt to the bottom. aside from that its pretty much bolt off the drums knuckle and bolt up the disc knuckle and bleed brakes. ABS was a direct plug and play.

here's some pics hope you guys enjoy!:thumb:

before

after...

here's my Roxanne!
:badger:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lmao! i'll try the thing is i was so focused on installing these bad boys this morning i didn't get to take alot of pics but i'll try to see when its not cold out up here and try and take pics and circle parts... we'll see! but if you need any help i'm here you can Instant message me or even call me i'd love to help!

·
Registered
21,213 Posts
lmao! i'll try the thing is i was so focused on installing these bad boys this morning i didn't get to take alot of pics but i'll try to see when its not cold out up here and try and take pics and circle parts... we'll see! but if you need any help i'm here you can Instant message me or even call me i'd love to help!
Sweet, first I have to track down a wrecked EX/Si.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ yeah man it's super easy! the only part i had a hard time was bleeding the brakes, but of course i was at my friends shop so it was not problem for him...

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i didn't try driving without bleeding them but i wouldn't recommend it. you'll have air in your brake lines but iono how bad it would be until you go to a shop... i say bleed them then and there can't risk it especially if its what stops your car...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
wow looks good. i am still shocked that any modern vehicles come with drum brakes. and about the bleeding the only time you need a computer to bleed is if you replace the hydraulic control unit for the abs. otherwise its all the same

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
yea it basicly is the only way you can do itwithout the machine. yu start on the wheel furthest from the master cylinder and work your way up(rear driver, rear passenger, frnt driver, front asenge.) but ive read the ebd requires the machine.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.