·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need some photoshop skills, cuz those graphs suck.
Maybe cuz i did it in 10 minutes... I also didn't want to touch the lines so it can remain a little bit legit.

I do find it very interesting that the R18 makes more HP and torque all the way to 6k RPM

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Torque would probably keep dropping off. Makes you wonder what would happen if it had real VTEC too and it kicked in @ 6k RPM. It might not hold momentum but if it could hold as much high end torque as the K20 it would be a better engine.... Seems too me the next honda engine might just have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Torque would probably keep dropping off. Makes you wonder what would happen if it had real VTEC too and it kicked in @ 6k RPM. It might not hold momentum but if it could hold as much high end torque as the K20 it would be a better engine.... Seems too me the next honda engine might just have the best of both worlds.
yeah i thought of that about a month ago what is stopping honda from making a engine that has a vtec down low for fuel saving and one up top for the people that want to feel all the rage in their engine

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
dont even begin to compare the r18 to the k20

this is just for the guys wishing they had gotten an si, trying to convince themselves that they made the "more powerful" choice

even if it makes more power up to 6k, the si will beat it up to 6k, and all the way past it.

I know the tranny helps too, but the Si is made for faster acceleration while the r18 is for gas mileage

·
Registered
7,214 Posts

this is just for the guys wishing they had gotten an si, trying to convince themselves that they made the "more powerful" choice

even if it makes more power up to 6k, the si will beat it up to 6k, and all the way past it.

I know the tranny helps too, but the Si is made for faster acceleration while the r18 is for gas mileage
I have an Si but I must say that makes me think a bit!

·
Registered
58 Posts

i would say compare away

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Nice, no wonder why some of my friends with Si get on my car and say "this is just like my car with no V-TEC" since on the SI V-TEC kicks in at 5.8krpms. I can't wait for boost, the only thing am worrie about is the manifold on this engine is not made out of metal but some sort of plastic.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.