8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE 3
the best i could do right now ....
going through users manuals and all kinda ****, extracting pics from texts for u guys... i'll have more tomorrow....

just a hint :)

the best right now...

i'll take intercooler pics and actual turbo pics tomorrow if the ride is there.
Those were pics just text to my phone from ur friendly people at AJP.

UPDATE 2
i have pics....
i'm not allowed to show them :(

i feel like showing them though....but i don't want to piss anyone off till after tuesday :) ha ha ..... hmmmmmm

i can tell u however that the R18 they are working on is a true "Si wannabe" in many ways which irks the hell out of me..... anyway back to the topic...

this is uncharted territory so the turbo is minute...i'm not sure how much boost it will be running. that will be figured out by monday or tuesday of next week ^^^ (tuesday again??)

management will more than likely be handled by hondata and should be completed by ...again tuesday??? :)

the turbo being used is a evo3 16G....

for those of u who u can't change ur header u can....not like a typical header but it can be done....more like a pipe :) haha...

Tuesday is a good day for me too...that's when i get my car back from final tuning:)....hence the reason i won't be pissing anyone off before then :)
oh and i'll let AJP be the first to provide pictures unless they give me the go ahead before then when i ask.

PS: to the owner of that car...no offence, i'm happy for u getting the kit and all...but what's with the Si fronting?

UPDATE #1
8th civic sponsor AJP (F.I.A.T)
"we wont be attempting really high boost. we will be working with what we are given. also the project car is an automatic so it will work for both 5spd and AT."

word is that AJP has an R18 doing an install on right now ... :)
i'll take a trip over there tomorrow and see what info. i can get if any for u guys...

i'll try to take a few pictures if i can or if i'm allowed to.

PS.. my rep is too low :) help a brother out :)

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
even if they make turbo for the R18..it's still worthless cuz still won't have the same horses as the TURBO SI..but would like to see an R18 engine with turbo.. my cousin's friend has a 2000 hatch dx with sohc v-tec with greddy turbo kit..clock low 13's for a sohc..not bad for a stock motor..it was featured on the Dsport magazine..

·
Registered
887 Posts
strCIVIC said:
..it's still worthless cuz still won't have the same horses as the TURBO SI..

Pretty sure most if not all 8th civic members know that.. K-series vs. New Econ SOHC motor... but with the gains AJP got from there Marvie kit (for the SI), Still is interesting to see the results of this. Still very curious of how the R18 block/internals will hold up to boost, how much boost, what kind of management system, etc. Its going to be a very nice read non the less.:wavey:

·
Registered
473 Posts
SiGTi said:
I hope we get a surprise along the lines of, "The R18 is a remarkable engine, capable of 20 lbs of boost on stock internals"
I Hope so too, they had a thread where a R18 overheated so they end up opening the engine up. People were surprised and thought that the internals looked like it can handle a lot of punishment.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Will also rep you when i see some pictures of some true info, changing the subject how can i see my rep or other peoples rep? i hear alot about the rep but dont know where to find it or check someone elses:)

G

·
SiGTi said:
I hope we get a surprise along the lines of, "The R18 is a remarkable engine, capable of 20 lbs of boost on stock internals"

HOLY MOTHER******!!!

i was thinking up to 8lb would be aight...but 20lb boost, thats sick!!:thumb:

G

·
but still....

even then at 10+lb boost would be nice, like i said before i was thinkin
of 8 anyhow. but well see how it goes down the line.

either way, i like em turbos, then add an intercooler on that *****!

1 - 20 of 332 Posts