8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a super/turbo on my R18. Unfortunately FlashPro only supports the US ECU at this time. Does anyone know if the US ECU will plug and play on a Canadian Civic?

HBAR Motorsports and Katie (White Civic, Pink Wheels) have come up with a turbo solution for the R18 that I would like to be able to install.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The US ECU will NOT work on a Canadian Civic. I tried one out today. It was the correct computer for my car, just a US version. The car started very briefly then stalled out. It would not start again. Anyhow, it was worth a shot. Looks like we're out of luck unless Hondata decides to produce a Canadian version.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The US ECU will NOT work on a Canadian Civic. I tried one out today. It was the correct computer for my car, just a US version. The car started very briefly then stalled out. It would not start again. Anyhow, it was worth a shot. Looks like we're out of luck unless Hondata decides to produce a Canadian version.
What other options are there for tuning software if hondata is "unuseable"? AEM FIC? How is it in comparison to the hondata?

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
I have a american ECU in my canadian civic and it works fine. If you have a 06 civic you will have to spend money on a new gauge cluster as they will not match together otherwise.

I am currently running flashpro in my ride with no issues.

·
Registered
27 Posts
kk thx! the ecu i have with the matching cluster is 37820-RNA-A07........from what i gather i need an ecu with A12 or A13 and matching cluster? i have another ecu (37820-RNA-A13 but no cluster for it....does the cluster HAVE to match the ecu or should i be able to make them work together? because i tried and honda couldnt do it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts