8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
No regrets for me. Simple nothing better on the market to fit my list of demands.

• Small and nimble. But still seat 4.
  • Ok power and flat torque band
  • great MPG
  • HondaCare extended warrenty
  • Good looks
  • With Si springs, catback, and aftermarket rims - now its more sporty
  • I like the gauges

Now if Honda comes out with a diesel engine Civic or Insight. Or places the r18 engine into an Insight. I might have regrets. But as of now nothing on the market has ample power with great MPG and sporty looks.

do you guys regret or wishing that you drive mazda3 or scion tc, instead of civic? these were my choices before i got my civic, we all know that they have better engine performance, some sexyness and cheaper base price compare to the civic.

im jealous everytime i see mazda3 especially the fully loaded one! whoooo!
I feel you when I was searching for my car I was looking at the mazda 3. I found a really good deal on a 04 mazda 3 touring s for 13995. yeah it drove and looked nice. But the thing that kept me from buying it was the pedals were so close that it was very uncomfortable when my feet were on the accelerator and clutch my feet made a v not comforatable so I had to let it go. the center console also cramped the overall room for the driver. Im 6'2 and im a big guy so I didnt get it. But I dont regret getting my civic it was the room, comfor,t and sporty feel that got me. plus this is coming from someone previously driving a 1991 civ hatch standrad package.... and that was more comfortable than the mazda 3

I was going to buy a VW Rabbit or Jetta but they discontinued the TDI engine for a few years thanks to California. So the next best thing was the Gas Civic.
You can still buy a 2006 or older Jetta TDI. Just not a new one in the state of Kalifornia. You'd have to buy it used out of state and transfer it in.

The 2009 models will be a CommonRail injection platform. So it should be clean - just need to see if the MPG warrants the increase purchase price. They will be 50 state clean.

i dont regret buying my r18 compared to a t.c. or mazda 3, my mom has a scion tc... i drive it and it feels heavy and the interior looks cheap especially with the cheap center console stereo cover that doesnt work half the time. the mazda 3... i've driven and it looks too much like a family car than a two door civic. i am overall happy with my decision to go with a r18, sometimes i feel tho i should of waited for an si, but at that time my trade in car was going to blow up. I've had a few other cars that i've performanced out and going to a stock r18 was hard, but im retired from the engine performance scene, may just concentrate on styling and looks. :p

I don't regret not getting the tC at all. It's cheap as hell. The interior is dated. The gauges are archaic. It's significantly smaller in the back. The gas mileage isn't as good. The clutch/tranny is clunkier. It's ugly.

The Mazda3 is IMO a better driving car than both Civic and tC. It's priced better. But i dont think it looks better. It's resale value isn't as high. Interior is pretty standard but it's definitely not ugly. But the interior of the civic is pretty amazing compared to the Mazda3. So there are definitely pros & cons to Civic vs. Mazda3, but what won out for me was gas mileage and looks.

My TW is much purtier than the white mazda3 =).

The Mazda Speed 3 is what I really wanted. It cost more for me ...overall price plus the premium gas. When I test drove the Speed the torque stear was crazy though! I was just going into 2nd gear and I could feel the car pulling in the other direction...kinda scared me but the overall experience was mind blowing...boy o' boy. I will get the Speed when or if it ever comes with all wheel drive...I know the Speed 6 has it but I dont like the body...

Im a decade late to this post. But i love my R18. Of course I wiah it was a K series. But this is what I could afford at time, and this is what was available. Im lucky i found a 5 speed. This car is torquey in higher rpms, and calm and collective in lower rpms. Gets great gas mileage and turns heads.. not to mention lasts to 270k or more so were can you go wrong? Ill join the Si crew someday, but for now, loving my R18.

r18 owners regret?

do you guys regret or wishing that you drive mazda3 or scion tc, instead of civic? these were my choices before i got my civic, we all know that they have better engine performance, some sexyness and cheaper base price compare to the civic.

im jealous everytime i see mazda3 especially the fully loaded one! whoooo!
The noises are going away in some cases. You just have to get in there and find and fix the problems.
Nox Vidmate VLC

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.