8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been lurking these threads for some time, but I can't seem to find much on this particular R18 leak. I'm losing about 1/2 quart to 1 quart between oil changes. The leak is on the front of the engine. I'm not too familiar with all the components here but can anyone tell what/where the most likely cause might be? I thought it was the infamous block crack, but wouldn't that be coolant instead of oil?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's the oil pressure switch below the block heater. Oil pressure switches almost always leak eventually. Just unplug the cable. Unscrew the switch. Get a little gasket sealer and apply to the threads and snug it back in there. Straight forward but a bit tight to work on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the oil pressure switch below the block heater. Oil pressure switches almost always leak eventually. Just unplug the cable. Unscrew the switch. Get a little gasket sealer and apply to the threads and snug it back in there. Straight forward but a bit tight to work on.
Thanks! I picked up some Hondabond HT and cleaned everything up. Hopefully it stays that way!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts