8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

301 - 320 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
well that sucks.......im kinda looking to go for a blue and silver look with my car. do yall think it would be a bad idea to eather sandblast and paint them or powder coat them?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just Curious...

I have had mine on for alittle while now and they work great..However, I have noticed that during cold starts and until the car gets going and warms up that during any type of turning involved I hear some noise that I never noticed b4 until after I installed the kit. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this or has an idea of what it could be? It seems like it is similar to the TSB that has come out about the gearbox not being torque correctly. My vin is not one within the range, but I have seen posts about others not in range hearing the noise also.....

thanx in advance

·
Registered
561 Posts
what kind of noise do you hear? cause i hear a noise too and it kinda sounds like a sort of rattly sound like plastic vibrating against something. is that the same noise?

·
Registered
290 Posts
what kind of noise do you hear? cause i hear a noise too and it kinda sounds like a sort of rattly sound like plastic vibrating against something. is that the same noise?
Yeah its def a rattly type sound. No idea what it could be tho.

do these pulleys last? any cons?
There are def guys on here with a lot of miles with their pullies and no issues.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I just had my pulley kit installed earlier today and I feel the difference. The pieces are way lighter than stock. Its worth the buy. I used to stop at red lights and my car would shake a little. Now I noticed a smoother idle.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Halp!

On an '08, would anyone know if an 83-3/4" 6 rib belt would fit just right?

Shopping around for belts locally before I go online for this. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
the kit im pretty sure is on nst 's site...it performs best if you get them all and i dont know wat belt size is correct but i know people were having problems earlier

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Call them and ask. I remember that they sell it either piece by piece or you can just buy the kit which brings 3 pullies and the belt they sell seperate.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i can't get my crank pulley off i've tried 3 diff impact wrenches. I can"t take my car to the dealer because obviosly its not drivable and if it was the dealer prob wouldn't do it because it would void the waranty or something. any advice on the worst mod ever created for the r18?

·
Registered
113 Posts
when i hit it with the impact the crank doesn't even spin though so thats not the problem
dude if you look through the thread you should be able to find the trick. I think they were using a big ass socketdriver wedged against the frame somewhere then crank the car over for like less than a second (so it does not start) and that should bust it free. you can take a certain fuse out of the box too so it does not start if your feelin risky.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i want to get them and install this kit on my 2006 civic but does it worth the cost? hate my r18 for the low torque.

planning to get them for next summer. here in Montreal have some snow on winter.. it [email protected]$ck.

ive read all the post but not sure some said no gain. so said lot of gain on torque. the NST site say 7 to 10 HP.. not sure about that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah someone with them already installed and has had them on a manual r18 give me ur read outs. i would really like them. i was gonna go boost and get the full race turbo but i kinda just wanna make my car last. give me some ups guys :wheee:

301 - 320 of 341 Posts