8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i wanna know how much hp u gain with nitrous on a r18 .if theirs anyone with a r18 with nitrous post up some info about your engine like mods ,shot size,hp gains ,1/4 times so i can get a better understanding of how much of a difference it makes.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
i think your safe up to a 75 shot!
for a 75 shot he will need something to retard timing, a 50 shot will be safer and he will not have to retard the timing, as long as he spray in a safe RPM.

projectprelude ran a 14.6 1/4 mile on a 50 shot and intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm currently running a Nitrous Express kit with a 50 shot on my Automatic R18 Civic Coupe EX. I have the GENX2 accessory kit with purge kit, bottle warmer etc. The bottle is mounted in the trunk with a remote opener attached. In addition to the nitrous I have a magnaflow catback exhaust, aem CAI, NST Pulley kit, P2R TBS and the Hypertech Max Energy Performer... almost all I got at procivic

So far no problems, but the engine stayed really hot after turning off the ingition (for about 2.5 hours) garage was really hot too. Probably be a good idea to get a trans cooler. Also I'm using 1 step colder iridium plugs. Everything was professionaly installed at a local performance shop. 50 shot was a nice jolt, I really wanna do 75 though but I'll need to save up for tuning and something to retard timing properly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
also, I have no window switch, i floor it then flip on the tps switch in 2nd gear at 3000 rpms and just ride it out till its time to slow down

1 - 20 of 33 Posts