8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took out the muffler and welded a pipe in its place. I thought it sounded really nice until I heard it from the outside, it has a good tone with no rasp but it just is so quiet. Anything I can do to make it louder without ruining the sound?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Yea buy a real full catback exhaust and while your at it a Megan or weapon r down pipe to start. You really need to get rid of the cat if your looking for more sound. I have a full setup and mine sounds great but not pound and annoying that's what the skunk 2 exhaust was made for

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea buy a real full catback exhaust and while your at it a Megan or weapon r down pipe to start. You really need to get rid of the cat if your looking for more sound. I have a full setup and mine sounds great but not pound and annoying that's what the skunk 2 exhaust was made for
Good response but every downpipe I've heard of causes major problems.

·
Registered
207 Posts
In what ways would a downpipe hurt? Dependent on where you live, it may or may not pass any inspections. The only thing it would do is put a check engine light on your dash. You can delete this with a FlashPro

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I took out the muffler and welded a pipe in its place.

How did you weld a straight pipe to that flange after the resonator?
Does anyone just sell straight pipes with the flange?
I don't own a welder but I love the sound without the muffler! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought it sounded really nice until I heard it from the outside, it has a good tone with no rasp but it just is so quiet. Anything I can do to make it louder without ruining the sound?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there a reason you don't want at purchase an actual catback exhaust?

All muffler delete sound like all rasp all rice and no power added

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there a reason you don't want at purchase an actual catback exhaust?

All muffler delete sound like all rasp all rice and no power added
I don't want to spend money on the car. I want to tinker with it but not spend on it. I think it's plenty fun to drive and looks great as it is stock. However the muffler delete has been really fun in getting to feel the power of the car through my ears (not just my seat).

But where can I get a pipe to attach in place of the muffler? Is that a standard flange which connects the resonator to the muffler and if so is there a place to buy a simple pipe welded to that flange??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Simply remove the catalytic converter and add a down pipe, I'd recommend 1320 performance, does the job and with a decent price.

Keep in mind it will be really loud more than you think.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't want to spend money on the car. I want to tinker with it but not spend on it. I think it's plenty fun to drive and looks great as it is stock. However the muffler delete has been really fun in getting to feel the power of the car through my ears (not just my seat).

But where can I get a pipe to attach in place of the muffler? Is that a standard flange which connects the resonator to the muffler and if so is there a place to buy a simple pipe welded to that flange??
Buy a cheap ebay exhaust for the midpipe which will give you a bigger diameter mid and a small passthrough resonator. I think the resonator is what you're looking to change that will give you the biggest volume change. I ran the full ebay exhaust (midpipe with resonator and fart can muffler) and it was loud but not terribly obnoxious. I then mated the midpipe to a Mugen muffler and it was really loud but a super deep tone. Decided i wanted to quiet it back up (cause all my other cars are loud) and had a stock civic Si muffler welded on to the midpipe. To my surprise, it was still quite loud and deep. That midpipe and resonator is your ticket! Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts