8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to mod my 07 Lx in some sort of performance way.

I would like to know opinions about what the best beginning modifications are.

Thinking about a Cold-air intake, would this be worth it? What did you guys get for HP gains and MPG gains.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
921 Posts
i know someone who turbocharged there LX. but i just have an SRI. im not really looking into adding more performance to my car since it was mainly built for fuel efficiency. mainly cosmetics for now till i get out of college and i can afford it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have a CAI, Catback exhaust..and im still running the MPG...as for HP...i doubt its a major increase...ill have to see when i dyno my car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ive got intake, header/test pipe, full exhaust, pullys and all the exhaust is heat wrap and i just managed to get this not to bad 0-60 on new rubber.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
to be honest as for myself ill never blow money on bolt ons again no matter the car unless its FI from the factory its just not worth it...i mean i had i/h/e it wasnt bad for what it was me having a dx...no a/c power locks or sunroof, a striped trunk and fiberglass seats..lol 2400lb car which id like to take it a little farther and get ride of everything from the front seats back and get a few other weight reduction mods like battery and such but havent brought myself to do it yet

·
Registered
921 Posts
sounds good bro i have the same setup. i actually just put mine on about a week ago....i couldn't help but laugh when u ran to start your car though LOL.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
hahha i didnt even have notice the running unitll the second time i watched it hahhaaaaa

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
yea in a way it does but your bolt springs wont hit so you have to finagle them somehow. ill make a video of my HFP with no bolt springs lol and ill run faster too lmao

1 - 20 of 31 Posts