8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an R18 FG2, and was wondering what the power numbers are looking like for max NA power, stock internals, if buying forged internals is worth it, and just any info thanks civic owners for anything you can tell me

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
It's not worth modifying the R18 in terms of cost. Just do maintenance (spark plugs, valve adjustment, coil packs and etc.) and you will have a quick daily that saves gas. For performance, just get an Si if you are serious about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an R18 FG2, and was wondering what the power numbers are looking like for max NA power, stock internals, if buying forged internals is worth it, and just any info thanks civic owners for anything you can tell me
If you're in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) you can find a lot of used performance parts on Kijiji and Facebook Market Place. With the Civic being the number one sold car in Canada year after year there's a lot of parts available. Personally, I'd upgrade to Si swaybars front and back to start.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Well considering I have a fully built turbo R18 if your not going to boost it then don’t waste your time. From my research the highest N/A r18 was around 163whp with a lot done. Lol you can just buy a tsi v2 turbo kit and exhaust and get 180whp with a conservative tune. Again if your not going to supercharge or turbocharge the R18 then dont modify it engine wise that is.
If you want more information not just buy a Si from non-R18 owners that don’t own the platform just ask me. Those of us that have a highly modded R18 don’t come around much anymore so just ask away.

oh and to answer your question the stock r18 block don’t go over 300whp or 300tq or you will bend a rod. If you want more then that the short block must be built

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well considering I have a fully built turbo R18 if your not going to boost it then don’t waste your time. From my research the highest N/A r18 was around 163whp with a lot done. Lol you can just buy a tsi v2 turbo kit and exhaust and get 180whp with a conservative tune. Again if your not going to supercharge or turbocharge the R18 then dont modify it engine wise that is.
If you want more information not just buy a Si from non-R18 owners that don’t own the platform just ask me. Those of us that have a highly modded R18 don’t come around much anymore so just ask away.

oh and to answer your question the stock r18 block don’t go over 300whp or 300tq or you will bend a rod. If you want more then that the short block must be built
How much would it cost to boost an r18? How much power could you reliably push in something like a daily driver?
sorry if this is posted elsewhere I've looked and I could never find anything.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
How much would it cost to boost an r18? How much power could you reliably push in something like a daily driver?
sorry if this is posted elsewhere I've looked and I could never find anything.
the cost depends on alot of factors
1. Doing work yourself
2. New parts or used
3. Tuning software
4. Clutch

Pushing power on stock internals you can’t go over 300/300 or the motor is done. So somewhere below there is fine

all that factors into price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts