8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Who is serious about a Full-Race kit for the R18 Civic?

• Yes

Votes: 259 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 63 19.6%
1 - 20 of 1369 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys - now that Hondata has released the Flashpro for the R18 civics, we are starting to get requests for an affordably priced, easy to install R18 kit. Obviously this kit would not create quite as much power as our Si kits put out, but after speaking extensively with the guys at Hondata and Evans Tuning we have a pretty solid plan for a turbokit that would cost considerably less than our current kit, and perform much better than the other kits on the market.

My questions to you guys are:

1) how many think you would be interested in an R18 turbokit
2) what is the price of the turbokits you are considering
3) what HP level do you want to reach

thanks guys, im actually pretty excited about this kit design. its very innovative, easy to install and compact with exceptional performance potential from a 100% stock R18 engine. certainly unlike any other kit ive seen released

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
awsome this is really cool. R18 guys are lucky to have full race on there side.

hopefully the r18 guys will really want a good turbo kit

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I posted this in the R18 Turbo thread for you.

I'd love to turbo if/when Hondata releases the FP for the automatics. 220ish whp would be pretty nice for a daily driver.

The only real kit that is out there right now is the TSI. ProCivic has them for $2900 without a wiring harness for the AEM FI/C ($380). If you also get the GT25R Ball Bearing turbo then that's another $240. So we are looking at about $3500 before shipping.

Honda Civic Turbo Specialties (TSI) R18 Extreme Turbo Kit at PRO Civic

I know HBAR developed a kit that Kt has on her car. Dunno the price though.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
the only reason i would say this wouldnt sell is because i think people who bought r18's didnt buy a si because of $.

the kit would have to make more power then a allmotor si could thats just my opinion if i had a r18

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
im down on the kit ive been waiting for an affordable r18 kit that beats out that other kit being made at the moment, im sure full race can do it. then with the cam being developed and all the other r18 upgrades we gonna see some r18's in the 300whp club :D

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
My questions to you guys are:

1) how many think you would be interested in an R18 turbokit
2) what is the price of the turbokits you are considering
3) what HP level do you want to reach

2. $3,000 - $4,000 price range
and offer stages
3. I'd like to see this kit near 250whp

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
im down on the kit ive been waiting for an affordable r18 kit that beats out that other kit being made at the moment, im sure full race can do it. then with the cam being developed and all the other r18 upgrades we gonna see some r18's in the 300whp club :D
could save up for an si...?

just saying..

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cmonn guys, its Full-Race! of course it will make more power than an all-motor Si. ~300whp is what I am targeting. There would not be stages - only (2) turbochargers to choose from, and its not a turbocharger that youve ever seen :)

the kit would fit the auto trans, but you would not be able to use the hondata, would require a ghetto fic or similar

1 - 20 of 1369 Posts