8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to decide what my next mod should be, I want the mod that will give me the most power. Weapon R header, NST pulleys, or Lightweight flywheel.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i just put the clutch masters and fidanza flywheel in. I am currently breaking it in, but I will let you guys know how I like it. No problems so far..

·
Registered
540 Posts
i just put the clutch masters and fidanza flywheel in. I am currently breaking it in, but I will let you guys know how I like it. No problems so far..
breaking in a clutch? your kidding me right?

anyway, where did you get them from?

to OP: if your going to buy the flywheel, buy the clutch with it.. otherwise don't get the flywheel

·
Registered
540 Posts
yes actually you do break in a clutch... and yes i would get fly wheel and clutch together...
and what are proper techniques for that?? I had bought the Exedy Organic Clutch & 9lb flywheel on my b16, didn't break **** in, I wasn't burning out right out the gate or whatever but was driving it fast and shifting fast and what not, maybe did some practice launches once I got use to the clutch a few days after the fact. But never had any problems for 2 years (had to get rid of car)

also, turktech, which did you get? Fx100 or Fx200?

·
Registered
540 Posts
just suppose to take it easy for the first 200 maybe... idk just whatever they suggest
I'll be honest, the topic of breaking in a clutch has been a back and forth thing kind of like "breaking in the engine" so.. I don't honestly know, I just know that I can say from personal experience, that "NOT breaking in a clutch" doesn't seem to be any harm for at least 2 years, I don't know beyond that as I said i had to get rid of the car

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Yea hook up the spray lol best gain right there

·
Registered
631 Posts
I got the fx 100. It supposedly has the capacity of 70% over stock around the same of the stage 2 but isnt made out of kevlar. The reason that I chose this is simply that they didnt make stage 2 for the car, and breaking in a clutch is very important and is also recommended by the manufacture.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I got the NST Pulleys, Megan Racing Downpipe, AEM CAI and GReddy Ti-C exhaust system and I Love the power gains from them all! Definetly get the pulleys

1 - 20 of 28 Posts