8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not an R18, but apparently the CRV with the R20 (also in europe) also is available as a 6-speed. Should be the same bellhousing as the R18, but no clue on how an AWD tranny would work on a FWD car.... Just FYI i guess.

And as far as the original question:
If you do have a 6-speed: Dont know if the final drive would work from the 5-speed Civic to the 6-speed, but if you are looking for a shorter final drive, then i would bet the final drive of the 6-speed R20 CRV would be shorter due to the increased weight over the civic. Just guessing... not for sure..

·
Registered
167 Posts
ya i found the thread but i cant find a place to buy/look at the price of a euro tranny...can anyone help me????
Join the club. That's my problem. This is pioneer territory, so its not as simple as going to a website and buying it. (I mean, granted it MIGHT be that simple, but I have yet to even get the part number for the tranny!)

#1: we dont even know if this will work with the r18 coupe/sedans (I am pretty sure it would, but I dont think anyone knows 100%).

#2: Ive contacted wrecking yards in London and even Honda UK directly to try to find a part number. Ive been forwarded to a honda dealership (in the UK) to get the part number. Contacting them today.

#3: I dont even know the gearing ratio's (if someone has this, please let me know) for the six speed from the Euro Type-S. It more than likely will be beneficial to performance, but I dont know how much of a benefit it would even be.

Ive posted in the European section of this forums and on Civinfo (a european civic forum) and have yet to get a response. So as soon as I do, I will start a new thread.

If ANYONE has information about the 6-speed from the R18 powered European Civic Type-S, let me know... I hope im not being oblivious and overlooking info that someone else has already gathered.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
I think I once noticed the base RSX auto trans and manual had the same gearing as the r18. Might just be that the r18 has the same transmission and/or same internals as what the RSX used. Thats something to look into by checking some Acura chat boards and/or honda racing gurus.

The r18 Civic would be AWESOME with a good 6 speed transmission.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i was just in england this weekend and i saw a ton of civic type s...made me want to get their tranny lol...if someone finds a way to get these they should buy like 10 of them and then sell them on here
Yeah... the trannys are $4100 from Honda directly, so I don't think there will be much interest until they are able to be bought second hand (read: cheaply). But good to hear that there are a number of them on the road... will make used parts easier to source.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.