8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty weird, i found this on another fourm. Take a look. For some reason, they said they were making 136 to the wheels, and they estimate its about 150-155 at the crank... I dont really know how to believe that, but take a look. They said that the 0-60 is about 8.2-8.5 seconds, which seems a bit high from the runs i tried, and got 7.6-7.9 consistently stock. Let me know what you guys think...

The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online - Articles - Break in? Swap potential?: Dyno Testing the R18 Engine

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
^so which exactly do i believe?
you can believe anything you want. the value of a dyno is not in seeing what numbers you get... the true value of a dyno is when you can use the same dyno to test and see how much you gained with each modification.

so, technically, if you dyno'd on 2 different dynos (one dynoject, one dynapack) with the same car, you will see different results (thats just the way they work... but then if you take the same car, add something like an intake, and get on the same 2 dynos... you should see virtually the exact same gains.

i hope im making sense

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
^lol ill go with the higer loll. jkjk, but if the si is making 175whp, then somewhere around 115 for us sounds legit
yes. when i had my EX i managed to get it dyno'd with a couple mods. heres the info form the thread we made on it a while back. keep in mind.. it was an automatic. if it had been a manual it wouldve dyno'd higher because they couldnt keep it in a specific gear

PhalanX aka Chris - FG1 w/ K&N SRI, Megan Downpipe, OEM Si AxleBack

video-
YouTube - 8thcivic NE dyno day Chris

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
^yea mines a 5spd, i like manual. so wait, the manuals dyno higher? alot higher?
they dont actually have more power... but they will dyno higher. this is because of the inability to lock the Automatic into a specific gear for the dyno.

On a dyno... you use one gear and rev through the entire rpm band to redline. but, due tot he nature of an automatic, when you get to a certain point it will automatically shift gears instead of keeping it to redline.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.