8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
if i was going to go with a turbo to mount with the tsi manifold, I would use a grrett gt3076r, it's an internally waste gated t3 series, that uses a t25 inlet frame. problem is you're more than likely going to have to tuck the radiator in order to get it to fit

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the reply, I was browsing garretts website last night and noticed this turbo as well. Looks like it should bolt right on.

The question is what is superior.

BorgWarner efr 6758

Garrett 3076r
Garrett gtx28 series

Precision 5830

There are actually quite a few turbos that use t25 housing but the

Garrett 3076r is the only one yet to say complete bolt on with the gt25r

·
Registered
25 Posts
as far as i could see they all max out 480hp, except for the the precision 5830, which maxes at 580hp supposedly, I would imagine it takes longer to spool compared due to it's size, and also probably definitly requires the radiator to be moved in order to fit.

what do you plan on building the car for?

drag?-precision 5830
circuit?- garrett turbo's
mostly a daily with some track fun?-borg warner efr 6758

those would be my recommendations

·
Registered
4 Posts
Car is just a Summer driver, hoping to push the most Horsepower out of it I can

I noticed there was one other member 420 coupe who did a full build and achieved 350 hp

although he was running a different turbo kit, different intake manifold and had port polish done
which I have read is not really a big component.

I will post pictures up of garaged parts to get some excitement happening.

As of now I will post some old pics of the car although it does look a bit different now

calipers are now black, AEM gauges are painted black and I no longer have the AEM FIC as apparently there are no tuners for this solution where I Live.

** If anyone is in need of AEM FIC with Boomslang Harness or AEM Cold Air Intake I will sell for cheap***:wavey::dance:
How much for the F/IC and the Harness????

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Decided to go with the GT3071R as it will be direct fitment for the TSI kit.

Once built I'm gonna go for 20 PSI on 91 octane plus water meth.

Hoping for over 350 horsepower.

Part ordering is almost completed.

Then build time!

Should see some action in this thread around October.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey guys, sorry I have went off the grid for awhile. Ended up making a move to a new province and havent had the funds to play around with the civic.
Currently my car is garage stored and I still have all the parts and am planning to pull the engine once I have the available funds.

To recap:

Currently have TSI Turbo kit installed on a ball bearging GT2554R at 12 psi Tuned by Steve at ETUNEZ.

Parts in garage:

-CP pistons
-Brian Crower Rods
-Brian Crower valve springs/retainers
-ARP head studs
-AEM Water methanol Injection
-Weapon R intake Manifold
-Ralco Pulley kit
-Walbro HP fuel pump
-ACT 6 puck clutch
-Tubo Timer

Needed:

-ACL Bearings
-Limited slip differential
-1000cc injectors

Since I have come so far with parts already I am debating either swapping over to the Gato/Jotech T3 Manifold kit with external waste gate and a precision 5858. Has anyone mixed and matched this kit with the TSI?

My second option would be getting the full race downpipe/mid pipe with the new borgwarner 7163.

The cheapest option would be to keep my existing kit and purchase the GT3076R T25 version which will bolt up to my TSI Manifold.

What option would everyone like to see me run on my R18?????

Hope I can get the build rolling along soon enough!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts