8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From your neighbors at:

R&T said:
Enter the new Cadillac CTS and Infiniti G35 Sport, two V-6-powered, rear-drive aspirants to the 535i's throne that come in at base prices around $15,000 lower than the twin-turbo inline-6 Wünderkind from Munich, yet offer many of the same amenities and make the same power...even a bit more. Now, we're not going as far as saying these newcomers are equals of the BMW, only that they are reasonable facsimiles at considerably lower cost. In the interest of price context, we've tested and evaluated the 535i in a nearby sidebar, but have let the Infiniti and Cadillac grapple with each other one-on-one.
Read the article at:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=6147

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
humm... the new CTS looks like a helium balloon or a pumpkin from the front.

the side isn't too bad for a GM car.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the CTS, however, it think it has something of an identity crisis. It is compared against the G, IS, and 3, however, it might be more appropriately compared against the 528i and 535i. Tough slot to be in. Engine puts you in the former, whilst appointment put you in the latter.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
i like both cars...i like the fact that the caddy takes regular unleaded, gets the same hwy mpg and has a 6spd auto...

i would have to test drive each to see which one i would want...if i had the money :( lol

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
did they drop the CTS-V??? now thats a car. all day driving imports and then i get into this cadillac and i see a manual... turn the car on, hear the engine and take off... i was not expecting the car to do what it did... amazing interior appointment, classy exterior and blazingly fast... sounds amazing also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts