8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a n/a build and I already have few mods, skunk2 catback exhaust, dc sports cold air intake and dc header/ down pipe and I wanted to ask is it worth getting the skunk2 camshaft and did you change vale and springs because I read on skunk2 website that you don't need and I wanted to know if anyone has done it and does the camshaft change the sound of the car. Also has anyone bought weapon r intake manifold and is it worth buying and I'm getting my car dyno tuned in a few weeks

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hello since I have done it all. I have a fully built r18 including head block and transmission turboed etc long list.
There is 2 different skunk2 cams one that requires larger valves and one that does not. It does not change the sound or idle or require upgrade springs for the less aggressive cam. I have that one. Now my head is fully built using same cam lol

yes I have weapon r intake manifold as well. That will require a tune otherwise you
Throwing cels. Is it worth it if your trying to make power yes. I actually have a spare weapon r intake manifold and p2p throttle body spacer if your interested.

anything else’s just ask and yes get the p2p throttle body spacer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello since I have done it all. I have a fully built r18 including head block and transmission turboed etc long list.
There is 2 different skunk2 cams one that requires larger valves and one that does not. It does not change the sound or idle or require upgrade springs for the less aggressive cam. I have that one. Now my head is fully built using same cam lol

yes I have weapon r intake manifold as well. That will require a tune otherwise you
Throwing cels. Is it worth it if your trying to make power yes. I actually have a spare weapon r intake manifold and p2p throttle body spacer if your interested.

anything else’s just ask and yes get the p2p throttle body spacer
Idk that they made to different cams for the r18 I thought skunk2 was the only one with the stage 2 tuner and not trying to sound dumb what would rhe throttle body spacer do and I'm interested in that weapon r intake, also what were your numbers before the turbo and do you daily driver it because that's one reason why I don't want to do force induction and I do have a a/t

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Idk that they made to different cams for the r18 I thought skunk2 was the only one with the stage 2 tuner and not trying to sound dumb what would rhe throttle body spacer do and I'm interested in that weapon r intake, also what were your numbers before the turbo and do you daily driver it because that's one reason why I don't want to do force induction and I do have a a/t

I always say no point to Modify R18 without boost. Hard to Make Good Power numbers without highest R18 to Record all motor was like 163whp and that was awhile ago. Slap a turbo or supercharger on lite mods 187 to 200 sooo that’s why.

Mine is a daily driven show car basically. I only dyno it once before the turbo just for reference. Had Greddy neo ti exhaust only. Was like 80whp on mustang dyno. They are only rated to 120 at crank btw

With auto trans you will be limited by tq you
Need to invest in trans cooler and level 10
Tq converter if your boosting it

I have a extra transmission cooler weapon r intake manifold and p2p throttle body spacer if you
Want to buy

Skunk2 bought the design from Another company for The cam forget the old company name but they got The rights and started making the only R18 performance cam

The spacer goes with the weapon r intake force more exhaust out basically

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh k well I would be interested in buying the weapon r intake and the throttle body spacer are they used by of chance and what are the conditions of it and tbh I just want to have fun going all motor and have all the mods ready when I want to go turbo or supercharger I just dont want to affect the daily drivable.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Oh k well I would be interested in buying the weapon r intake and the throttle body spacer are they used by of chance and what are the conditions of it and tbh I just want to have fun going all motor and have all the mods ready when I want to go turbo or supercharger I just dont want to affect the daily drivable.
of course the weapon r manifold
And spacer are used lol. All chrome btw. Already boxed up waiting for new owner. The tranny cooler is new as i had a auto at one point but ended up getting rid of it and getting a manual

daily driving is all about the tune so
There you go if you are going to boost it then you
Need to hop on a kit now before they are all discontinued. Lots of companies are discontinuing kits for this platform don’t think you
Can wait another year or two. Don’t have to install it now but least you have a kit waiting
For When your Ready same goes with Hondata for r18 platform

swing me a offer for those peaces PayPal ready as well

·
Registered
46 Posts
I never heard of the other Skunk2 cam that requires larger valves. Nor can I find anything on the internet about it. As far as I know there is only one camshaft available for the R18 by Skunk2. Could you please post the info you have on this other Skunk2 cam....part number, specs, etc.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I never heard of the other Skunk2 cam that requires larger valves. Nor can I find anything on the internet about it. As far as I know there is only one camshaft available for the R18 by Skunk2. Could you please post the info you have on this other Skunk2 cam....part number, specs, etc.
It’s not made anymore and besides you
Can’t take advantage of the cam without upgrades anywho. I got skunk2 first verison of their cam.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It’s not made anymore and besides you
Can’t take advantage of the cam without upgrades anywho. I got skunk2 first verison of their cam.
I will start the bidding for this cam at $200. Good luck to all other bidders. Ha no jk.
Would be nice to have a more aggressive cam than the Skunk2 one that everyone else has.

*Stayed tuned for my thread where I post about by R20 install!!!"

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I will start the bidding for this cam at $200. Good luck to all other bidders. Ha no jk.
Would be nice to have a more aggressive cam than the Skunk2 one that everyone else has.

*Stayed tuned for my thread where I post about by R20 install!!!"
R20 install?? Built or stock block and head??Boosted or Na?? Just curious why a R20 and not a built 1.8? Or even sleeved 1.8?? Just curious

before you asked yes I am a fully built R18 head block transmission turbo full suspension upgrade etc etc

·
Registered
46 Posts
Long story short my R18 had a bad rear seal leak. Same work to repair it so I got an R20. Running the KWSC kit.... about to upgrade to the C30-94 from the C30-74. Let's compare notes sometime. Btw the car is auto.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Long story short my R18 had a bad rear seal leak. Same work to repair it so I got an R20. Running the KWSC kit.... about to upgrade to the C30-94 from the C30-74. Let's compare notes sometime. Btw the car is auto.
Compare what notes?? I have every mod one could think to add lol even custom made parts. Apr L19 headstuds fully built transmission with 3-5 close gearset 4.9 final drive and HLSD white line endlinks full exterior and full carbon fiber interior etc.

What I am interested in is you said you have the Kraftwerks R18 kit and your upgrading the blower. Would love to see pictures of that and some info about that kit. My friend was thinking about supercharging. what kind of number on old block? I am turbocharged and installing bigger turbo now so no clue on supercharged setups

Also I have a lot of mod parts I have extra of if your interested just let me know

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What weight motor oil are you running? Is it srictly race or daily driver? I didn't go full build bc the car is just for fun on pump gas but it might not be a bad idea.
new custom longblock I’ll tell you oil next week.R18 is a daily driven show car as I call it. All show and Go!! That’s the point of it. After this I am done next up s2000 or a type r we see. I have 2 built Zs and used to have a fully built Evo I sold. I only use pump and meth. Did not want to be a slave to e85 and finding stations and praying it’s at least e70 in that pump I’ll pass on that lol

yes I have a Aem v2 meth kit installed 👍

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you running the Weapon R intake manifod
new custom longblock I’ll tell you oil next week.R18 is a daily driven show car as I call it. All show and Go!! That’s the point of it. After this I am done next up s2000 or a type r we see. I have 2 built Zs and used to have a fully built Evo I sold. I only use pump and meth. Did not want to be a slave to e85 and finding stations and praying it’s at least e70 in that pump I’ll pass on that lol

yes I have a Aem v2 meth kit installed 👍
BY chance are you running your setup with the Weapon R intake manifold? I ask because on both my R18 and R20, the max boost I see is/was about 6 psi...and that's with the Kraftwerks kit that is advertised at 10psi. I'm thinking that this intake manifold might be too big...it flows so good with the Skunk2 cam that as a matter of fact it might be too good (overkill)....that maybe with the stock intake manifold that has less volume, it might perform better.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Are you running the Weapon R intake manifod

BY chance are you running your setup with the Weapon R intake manifold? I ask because on both my R18 and R20, the max boost I see is/was about 6 psi...and that's with the Kraftwerks kit that is advertised at 10psi. I'm thinking that this intake manifold might be too big...it flows so good with the Skunk2 cam that as a matter of fact it might be too good (overkill)....that maybe with the stock intake manifold that has less volume, it might perform better.
Yes I have the weapon r intake manifold and P2R throttle body spacer. I pushed 12 psi when I was on stock block. We see once I break in this new motor and put it back on dyno. The stock manifold is trash you did the right thing. You could have several issues

1. Tune
2. Pully size
3. Belt slippage
4 boost leaks
5 map sensor (you should have upgraded to hondata 4 bar)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes I have the weapon r intake manifold and P2R throttle body spacer. I pushed 12 psi when I was on stock block. We see once I break in this new motor and put it back on dyno. The stock manifold is trash you did the right thing. You could have several issues

1. Tune
2. Pully size
3. Belt slippage
4 boost leaks
5 map sensor (you should have upgraded to hondata 4 bar)
12 psi must have been nice. I didn't go turbo because i was afraid of boost unpredictability like boost creep and fluctuations if and when I floored the pedal. I didn't want to blow my motor.

Boost on the kraftwerks charger got a little better after I sprayed the belt with belt dressing. I did get a smaller 90mm pulley that I didn't install because I got that bigger blower. There are no leaks, so the conclusion is that its flowing good / is efficient. I can't use the Hondata 4 bar map sensor because it can't be used on an automatic....it messes with the shifting or something like that.

I've been trying to find H&R OE Sport Springs for minimal drop, let me know if you've got a set for sale or know a source because these springs have been discontinued.

Also post a link to where I can check out pics of you're ride.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
12 psi must have been nice. I didn't go turbo because i was afraid of boost unpredictability like boost creep and fluctuations if and when I floored the pedal. I didn't want to blow my motor.

Boost on the kraftwerks charger got a little better after I sprayed the belt with belt dressing. I did get a smaller 90mm pulley that I didn't install because I got that bigger blower. There are no leaks, so the conclusion is that its flowing good / is efficient. I can't use the Hondata 4 bar map sensor because it can't be used on an automatic....it messes with the shifting or something like that.

I've been trying to find H&R OE Sport Springs for minimal drop, let me know if you've got a set for sale or know a source because these springs have been discontinued.

Also post a link to where I can check out pics of you're ride.

Well a couple of things there are two map sensors I know ktuned made a upgraded map sensor at one point and of course hondata makes one. The stock map sensor can’t read above 9 psi just know that. Might want to do more research on the auto goes crazy with it I knew a Boosted auto r18 had had one. Dont forget to get a transmission cooler (I have one for sale) and a level 10 converter

If you spray a belt with dressing means it’s slipping the dressing makes the belt sticky think about it. Check tension and pulley. Umm just get coilovers and drop it to desired height better then springs. I have the raceland ultimate coilovers. As far as nice I guess but was on stock block so could not
Come close to 300tq or 300whp. Didn’t matter blew motor for other reasons basically make sure you upgrade head studs lol. I have done sooooo much to this platform I’m welll informed

On this JDM Longblock now fully built sooo it can handle anything now. I have a yt channel just check it out there

1 - 20 of 53 Posts