8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking around for local performance shops, on how much they will charge me to install a turbo on my car.. and this is what i got from the best performance place in west,TN.

He said a turbo install will be about 1k and another $450 for the computer tuning.. is that about right?

How hard is it to install a turbo? i was thinking of doing it myself and then just taking the car in to get it tune..

Am saving my money now for the turbo, i do have the R18 and the only thing that worries me is that there is no tuning options for it, am hoping they bring something out to tune the computer on the car in the next 4 months..

what do you guys think?:

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GreySi07 said:
are you talking about the AJP kit?
My options are AJP/Zage and future to come Procivic and maybe Redshift and Greaddy.

Am just saving now, but as soon as something comes out and it's reliable and gets good numbers i will buy that..

As much as i don't want to like Ajp, they seem to be doing a great job on the Si..

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Man, don't go with Zage (if it's the one I'm thinking of)... search around on the 8th, there was one thread in particular that I remember that warned people to stay aware from Zage because of bad business practices and garbage quality.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
If you haven't installed too many parts before on a car I would pay someone or have a friend help you who knows what he/she is doing...But if you are tech savvy and you know all the different little parts of a turbo and how it works...go for it and post up any problems you have...I'm sure the people on here can help you. By the way take pics of everything...Like each part you take off take a pic so you will have an idea later if you get lost

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the Tip ^^

There is a guy here in town that has a 2000 model civic with a turbo and him and his friend install it on the car and all they had to do it take it to a shop to get it tune..

So am going to see if this guys will help me if i do get the turbo, becuse paying 1k for installation seems to much for me.

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
As far as computer tuning for the R18:rotfl:

Sorry bout that...but in all seriousness you might be waiting a very, very, very long time for that. Honestly I doubt you'll ever see it. Hondata doesn't even have have a Kpro (tunable ECU for the Si yet), which is 1000000x higher on the priority list than the R18 (non-Si)...

With any luck one of the companies that will produce a Turbo kit for the R18 will have a good piggyback or a good Hondata tune (which it seems AJP has failed at so far)...

I'm not in any way bashing the R18...just giving cold hard facts and my .02

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
^^^ i have an r18 and i agree...its ganna be awhile...unless TSI has somthing with their kit...i feel like ive been waiting sooo long:waiting:

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alot of the Si's are running just fine without K-pro, so i expect the R18 to have the same results..

I do understand that with K-pro things will be much better for the Si.

All i can do is wait and see what happen.

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Civic Pride said:
Alot of the Si's are running just fine without K-pro, so i expect the R18 to have the same results..

I do understand that with K-pro things will be much better for the Si.

All i can do is wait and see what happen.
The only Si's running well with Fi and no Kpro is the Comptech S/C...Some are having luck with the GReddy too...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts