8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quik-Latch Install | My solution to my bumper popping out.

So I've seen a few people mention using these latches, but I thought I'd made a full post of my install for anyone else that's interested.

So these are my favorite solution to keeping the bumper from popping out at the corners. My Civic is approaching 10 years old and my bumper clips are pretty worn out after taking the front clip off about 100 times. Also, I have wider wheels up front so almost every time I go for a drive the corners will pop out. It doesn't help that I just put spacers on the front wheels to clear the new brakes. See picture below.

So here's the link to the Amazon page of the Quik-Latch I purchased. They have them in different sizes and finishes.

Quik-Latch Products QL-25-SP1.5 1.5" Diameter Polished Aluminum Mini Quick Release Latch

So the picture below shows where I drilled. This spot gave me enough room to get the washers and nut on, but also allowed the latch to be on the flat part of the bumper skin. I'm not sure if this would be different for the Sedan.

So I put the "rod" part in place with the washers and nuts included with the latch. Then I pulled the bumper skin up into place and pushed it onto the rod so it made a little bump. The bump is what I used to make sure I was drilling in the right spot to keep everything lined up correctly. I used a paddle bit to drill the hole.

Once the latch was installed I just had to adjust the depth of the rod a little bit to keep everything tight. Since installing I haven't had my bumper pop off once!

I'll get some more pictures up soon with my wheels on and with some better lighting. Also in case you are wondering, I have a vinyl wrap on the front bumper. That's why the color/finish are different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you update this? I’m looking to get some for my car and want to see if they’ve held up for a long period of time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts