8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

quiet exhaust suggestions

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Dejahboi 
#1 ·
hey, does anyone know any quiet exhausts for the r18a? the skunk2 exhaust is just way too damn loud.

#2 ·
Read the stickies or search.

There isn't even a skunk2 exhaust FOR the R18.

The only exhaust options we have are magnaflow, greddy ti-c, and tanabe.

If you want quiet get tanabe. You're probably not gonna wanna pay the cash for tanabe so get the magnaflow.

It has a nice deep growl that isn't too loud.

#4 ·
friedk said:
Read the stickies or search.

There isn't even a skunk2 exhaust FOR the R18.

The only exhaust options we have are magnaflow, greddy ti-c, and tanabe.

If you want quiet get tanabe. You're probably not gonna wanna pay the cash for tanabe so get the magnaflow.

It has a nice deep growl that isn't too loud.
i read some of the stickies but most are for the Si. i also searched up tanabe and i think they don't make an exhaust for the r18.

#6 ·
my stock Si muffler is too loud, do they make a quiet tip insert? lol jk

but when i had the EX, i did the Si muffler swap and it definitely increased some exhaust volume, not much tho. It did backfire too when you'd let off the gas.

#7 ·
daebeed0h said:
hey, does anyone know any quiet exhausts for the r18a? the skunk2 exhaust is just way too damn loud.
hi there, i'm from Singapore. Current ride is a Civic 2.0L Auto with (triptronic function). just done up my exhaust yesteday. Its a Mugen Sport Silencer. Very quiet and almost sound stock until you do hard rev say from 3k rpm onwards. the whole car felt tighter (think could be due to the release of couple of horses and torquier.) not sure you guys in the state use this.

#8 ·
I drive an EX coupe and recently replaced the stock axleback exhaust with the Si one.

There definitely is a deeper growl and a nicer tone to the exhaust but it is NOT loud. That was exactly what I was looking for however, :)

I'm happy with the swap; and it only cost me $50. :-D

#13 ·
mrheeee said:
I drive an EX coupe and recently replaced the stock axleback exhaust with the Si one.

There definitely is a deeper growl and a nicer tone to the exhaust but it is NOT loud. That was exactly what I was looking for however, :)

I'm happy with the swap; and it only cost me $50. :-D

I'm glad you like it! do you like the way it looks on your car? sorry I couldn't get the tip cleaner for you. :thumb:

#14 ·
No. 7 said:
hi there, i'm from Singapore. Current ride is a Civic 2.0L Auto with (triptronic function). just done up my exhaust yesteday. Its a Mugen Sport Silencer. Very quiet and almost sound stock until you do hard rev say from 3k rpm onwards. the whole car felt tighter (think could be due to the release of couple of horses and torquier.) not sure you guys in the state use this.
can I see some pictures of YOUR car? color, engine bay, etc. I'm curious of what it looks like.

#15 ·
ErichPryde said:
I'm glad you like it! do you like the way it looks on your car? sorry I couldn't get the tip cleaner for you. :thumb:

yup yup, i like the way it looks :) i'm gonna figure out a way to get the nice shiny silver back. And it's ok that it's dirty, that's what happens to used things. :) plus, i got it for cheap anyways right?

THanks for the quick shipping and everything! :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.