8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im a Honda newbie here. I just recently bought my NBP Si sedan on Sunday and am having fun with it. Anyhoo, yesterday my Mom in law decided to teach ym wife how to drive it. They were going at a slow speed since it was around the neighborhood street (just a straightaway because the street ends). So my wife kept missing the ckutch since i heard her revving the engine,a nd i heard her shift without clutchin. I heard it grind!!!:SHOCKED: . My Q is should i be worried badly? I consider myself anal about cars, but having switched from a modified rolla (yess im a 9thgenner!) to a Civic Si, ill be honest that Im freaking out that it ****** up the car calready.. I drove the car home and it felt fine, no grinding or such. BTW, is it normal to hear the gears shift when you're parked and you're going through the gears? I was standing outside when my wife had the clutch in and was going through the gears and i could hear the shifting:eek:hsnap: ... Im really worried. Thanks for any info and opinions.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
It is normal to hear the sound of the transmission shifting from outside the car. Every manual car I've had was this way.

If she only grinded once or twice I wouldn't worry too much. It is unlikely that she damaged anything. If it is still shifting ok your fine.

Edit: Oh and by the way, welcome!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Your car is about to blow, give it to me and I'll put it through tests to make sure everything is okay. :thumb:

It's fine. The car is okay, grinding a few times won't hurt/help anything other than slightly accelerating wear and tear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts