8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if im in the right area but im just going to go ahead and ask this....

if i were to lower my car on coilovers (pro s/pro c), then would i need a front ADN rear camber kit? or just a rear camber kit? and do i have to have a shop install the camber kit for me? im not really sure how camber kits work and all that so any help would be nice. thanks!

·
Registered
35,569 Posts
depends how low u go, front is almost guaranteed yes.. rear.. SHOULD be done, but ive been alright without it

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
depends how low u go, front is almost guaranteed yes.. rear.. SHOULD be done, but ive been alright without it
why the front im slammed on pro-s and have -1 on the front which i think is fine and -2.7 in the rears i think if anything the rears need it more correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
35,569 Posts
i cant really explain it too well, but basically the rear can live with a little bit of camber, but upfront is really where it "matters"

i THINK its because thats where ur power is coming from? I'd need some of the suspension guru's to really chime in here

I know the rear toe cant really get too outta whack, and the only thing u gotta worry about is the toe bc camber doesnt really wreck tires as fast as tires, but when i did mine, everyone told me i need a camber kit for the front, and to get the rear eventually.. well that never happened :pat:

·
Registered
35,569 Posts
i think someone put it as if camber and toe had appetite for tires it'd be like

camber= a little bit over time

but

toe = nom nom nommm

:rotfl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts