8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have Enkei Evo 5 18x7.5 rims with tires that are 225/40/18. I am dropped on Skunk2's and i get a lot of rubbing. I was looking to maybe get thinner tires but not sure what size to get.

any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Are you rubbing in the front or the rear?

You shouldn't be having problems with that setup. Get a camber kit for the front and the rear and dial in some negative camber. More up front than the back for handling purposes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i'm rubbing more in the front than in the rear. i mean its fine if i'm driving on perfectly smooth road, but with the slightest bump it scrapes. =/

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think the offset is 35. and it rubs on top of the fender when i hit bumps. its nasty.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
You're probably rubbing on the tabs in the front. What I did was cut off the metal tabs in the front, cut off a chunk of my inner fender liner, and rolled whatever was left in the front.

Of course you don't have to go to this extreme. I'm running a more aggressive setup than you are. What I'd suggest is buying two pairs of SPC camber bolts and dialing in around -1.5 degrees of negative camber in the front. With that offset and width, you shouldn't be having inner clearance issues.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i want to get thinner tires so that im lower to the ground. thats why i was wondering about the tire size.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
If you get thinner tires, you're going to mess up the accuracy of your speedometer. Your wheel/tire combination has to be within a certain diameter, or else you're going to throw off your speedometer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts