8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found the rims I want.. I apologize to the guy who just bought the Konig Kountersteers.. but they are EXACTLY what I have been looking for for weeks, at over $100 cheaper than I expected... shipped. SO sorry! Hopefully our cars never cross in person :p

Anyways, they are 17x7 40 mm offset 5x114.3 . My two questions on them would be (since I'm a total and compoletely helpless wheel newb)

1) Could I mount the stock tires onto these bad boys or would I need new tires as well?

2) Knowing nothing about offsets and whatnot, and since I didn't see this size pre-approved on the sticky up top, will I need spacers or anything else in addition to the tires/lugs/hubcentric rings to make this fit on my car?

My car is 100% stock.. no drop of any kind.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somehow I have a feeling a lot of us are going to be rocking these rims pretty soon ;) In case anyone is wondering.. 550 SHIPPED from JLB motorsports.. holy ******* hell that is ten times the deal I could've imagine and it's the exact rim style I wanted.. this must be fate. I was about to settle on some ugly rota's because they were the only ones I could find in the TA style (I just think it's soo damn sexy on a Taffy white with tinted windows).. and now I have ones that are cheaper and better looking..

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
everything is pretty much the same except offset, which is 40mm instead of the OEM is 45mm (i think).

you will have .5cm more room for the brakes and suspension components, and be .5cm closer to the fenders.

i dont think that that will make a difference.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ Awesome, thanks for the info. I never understood what offset meant. So this will effectively look like a minor drop then? A .5cm drop.. lol

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I Vtec said:
I was about to settle on some ugly rota's because they were the only ones I could find in the TA style (I just think it's soo damn sexy on a Taffy white with tinted windows).. and now I have ones that are cheaper and better looking..
What are you talking about? The Rota Grid looks exactly like this (which looks exactly like a TE37) and can be had in TA color scheme. Why would you be waiting for a Volk knockoff when there's already a Volk knockoff at the same price point?

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
civsnake said:
What are you talking about? The Rota Grid looks exactly like this (which looks exactly like a TE37) and can be had in TA color scheme. Why would you be waiting for a Volk knockoff when there's already a Volk knockoff at the same price point?
i have never seen the Rota Grid sold as the TA color, people have bought them, and had them painted to the TA color scheme. where these come already painted

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
civsnake said:
Link me? Rota Grids are about the only rotas I like and I've never seen them in a TA color scheme... I was about to settle on some really thin-spoked Rotas, and I hate thin spokes.. I was just getting desperate. And these wheels are about a $100 cheaper WITH shipping. How can I beat that?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
and to answer your question about the lugs

no stock lugs will not work .. they wont seat right .. you need aftermarket tuner lugs - usually around 30 a set

1 - 20 of 25 Posts