8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get this installed today on my Si.. I am quoted 300 for the SP MR cold air injen polished.. That is installed price.. Is that a good deal?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
honestly man if you want real gains I would go with X's intake. His intake will make much more power, your car will run better, and its very easy to install yourself.

otherwise I'd say thats not a bad price for the CAI installed...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the intake cost 245 without tax and 45 labor on the install.. is there pics of the x one.. i mean for one hp I am not going with a untrusted source...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Alot of people say go with x's.. here ill try to answer your question..

If your dead set on the injen CAI order it from corsport (cheap and really quick shipping) and install it yourself, just read the DIY.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NewbTuner said:
Alot of people say go with x's.. here ill try to answer your question..

If your dead set on the injen CAI order it from corsport (cheap and really quick shipping) and install it yourself, just read the DIY.
I am getting it just as cheap as there.. actually 10dollars cheaper

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
x's intake sucks. it really does. it sucks in air. and makes more usable power than other intakes at it too.

btw my mom has a CRV so ima jack her intake and put it on my car.. wonder if she'll notice..

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
trickyazn said:
x's intake sucks. it really does. it sucks in air. and makes more usable power than other intakes at it too.

btw my mom has a CRV so ima jack her intake and put it on my car.. wonder if she'll notice..
i am not doubting the power gain by his intake but once again lets say **** goes wrong.. does x have backing, i really doubt it.. and with no carb number means its illegal.. good luck taking that to you dealer

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
hatchbac_smokin_you said:
and for one hp at the most.. na ima go with the proven company that has been doing this for years...
I just saw this. Your looking at more like about double the HP the Injen makes, take a look at the dynos in the link I posted.

I personally run X's intake and would have it no other way. With after market (like injen) they eliminate the MAF housing vanes which will make your car run worse. X's utilities the vanes (and improves upon them) and keeps your car running like stock but with a good boost in power.

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
k20z3 Koop said:
one sec man let me get you the dyno charts. He has more backing than injen :p

Edit - All the info you need: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57499
I think he meant corporate backing- Injen stands behind their product. Although honestly, I don't think it would make any difference either way.

the injen will cause you to run rich, and you could potentially see a CEL down the road. until a "k-pro" system is released for our cars, there will be no way to tune the intake to make more power without running rich. until we can directly alter our AFRs, X's intake seems to be the best solution. and even then it very well might make more power.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Ok, I've kinda been left behind in this whole thing with X's intake..

I know it's only for the Si, and he is using the intake tube from a CRV with, I think, a modified MAF inlet.

Could I somehow use this tube, but upside down, on the R18? If this is more efficient than aftermarket systems, I might try this on my own and see if I can get the same results.

From a few quick glances at photo's it looks like the CRV tube could work in the R18 engine bay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts