8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know this may seems as a stupid question to some but, this is my first new car with a warranty. I recently purchased an 07 si-dan. great car. does the oil have to be changed by the dealer to keep the warranty, or just changed and documented for warranty purposes? also, ive heard lots of talk about amsoil, is it worth going amsoil synthetic all around motor and tranny?

thanks

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
fl07si said:
ok i know this may seems as a stupid question to some but, this is my first new car with a warranty. I recently purchased an 07 si-dan. great car. does the oil have to be changed by the dealer to keep the warranty, or just changed and documented for warranty purposes? also, ive heard lots of talk about amsoil, is it worth going amsoil synthetic all around motor and tranny?

thanks
PLEASE search

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
DIY your oil change will NOT void your warranty unless the dealership can PROVE it was the oil change that caused a problem.

AMSoil.... search it out, seems a lotta people here hold it high... I don't own an Si so I don't know... I have had the best luck so far w/plain dino in my RSX-S...

try bobistheoilguy.com for a lot of info on oil. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts