8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone would purchase a used low mileage si from a honda dealer, but the odd part about it is that the car is not honda certified, like most honda dealers do. I just wanted some opinions if people would still pursue the car or would they leave it alone. By the way I did contact the dealer and they said it is honda certified but I dont believe them, cuz they will basically tell you anything to get you into the showroom. I am also not able to view the carfax report since the vehicle was just posted online about two days ago.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If the dealer does not certify their own make, and it's still within factory warranty, I would bet there's something wrong with it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You could bring it into an independant shop that you trust and let them have a look at it...but depending on how in-depth you want the tear down to be, it could cost several hundred dollars.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
depends how low the milage is..i bought mines with 2600 miles, i test drove it and everything turned out fine, salesman told me previous owners traded it in cause they needed a bigger car..carfax came out clean..so far i havent had any issues besided the 3rd gear..

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
depends how low the milage is..i bought mines with 2600 miles, i test drove it and everything turned out fine, salesman told me previous owners traded it in cause they needed a bigger car..carfax came out clean..so far i havent had any issues besided the 3rd gear..
:yeahthat:
Almost the same thing that I did.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the dealer does not certify their own make, and it's still within factory warranty, I would bet there's something wrong with it.
That's part of the problem. The internet salesman says it is honda certified, but on their website it does not say that it is.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got the carfax report it is clean. Any advice on this matter would be really help. I want to try and get it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I was wondering if anyone would purchase a used low mileage si from a honda dealer, but the odd part about it is that the car is not honda certified, like most honda dealers do. I just wanted some opinions if people would still pursue the car or would they leave it alone. By the way I did contact the dealer and they said it is honda certified but I dont believe them, cuz they will basically tell you anything to get you into the showroom. I am also not able to view the carfax report since the vehicle was just posted online about two days ago.
if the car has any modified parts to it, they will not certify it. do you know if it was all stock?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
disregard the last post you already carfaxed the car.. :dance:
yea i carfax'd it but it doesnt say on the website that it was honda certified. The sales rep says it is. But as i stated b4 i dont trust them because they are probably saying that just to get me to come into the dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts