8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
some halogen bulbs can get that color such as nokyas, but more than likely you are going to be happier with maybe a 6000k or an 8000k hid kit.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
my car is in my avatar. but that pic you posted looked like either 6000k or 8000k hids. the 8000k has a bluer color to it than the 6000k. but the 8000k takes away from your visibility due to color filters or something like that. if you have the money i would def. do a retro. but they run you around $1000 unless you get the parts and you do it yourself. if you just got the hid kit, you would have to aim it pretty low so you dont blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Hir and Hids are your best bet, Silverstar Ultras are an option too.

*plus using a longer exposure setting and chaning your white balance will get you the saem results in pictures*
yea i have the silverstar ultras and they are pretty white, but they dont have a blue tint or anything

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I don't see any advantage with HIRs.

I put them in 'cause my Ultras were blown, and I definitely miss the Ultras.

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
I don't see any advantage with HIRs.

I put them in 'cause my Ultras were blown, and I definitely miss the Ultras.
nah you def miss the "white-blue".
Compare both an HIR and ultra bulb in a rainy day, then you'll see the true difference

if you have the money i would def. do a retro. but they run you around $1000 unless you get the parts and you do it yourself. if you just got the hid kit, you would have to aim it pretty low so you dont blind oncoming traffic.
Since when does a retrofit cost $1000?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts