8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title might suggest, I recently bought a set of Neuspeed Race springs for my 07 FG2. I originally had the Eibach Pro-Kit installed, for comparison's sake.

The install was pretty straight forward, if you've installed springs before. The only little SNAFU was the print/stamp on the front springs. it's hard to tell which is right side up on these springs, because on one of the springs the lettering was upside down. You'll figure out which is the correct way to install when you put the rubber "cup" piece in the top of the spring, though. If it causes the rubber piece to warp in any way when it sits in there, it's upside down.

The stance is beautiful. It seems to sit just a hair lower in the rear, but i think it looks great. The rear bumpstops were already cut for the Pro-Kit, but i left the front intact. The instructions do not call for the cutting of the bumpstops for the 06+ Civic/Si. It is pretty much flush with the fender well in front, and dips just below in the back. (This is with a week of settling)

The ride is noticeably stiffer than the Pro-Kit, and initially i had some spring "chatter". Basically, the springs were making some slight clunking/popping noises (in the rear only). This was alleviated by wrapping some spiral cable wrap around the inactive coils (as per Neuspeed's suggestion). This took care of the noise (thank the lord). Now they are very quiet for the most part. In terms of handling, it is seriously night and day. I took them for a joyride down a country road that has a crapload of elevation changes and hairpin curves, and the car responded VERY well. I'm still on the non-summer stockers, and the car still gave me the feeling that i was in control the whole time - the thing was PLANTED. Very little body roll - the twisties are definitely where these springs shine. Oh - i'm on stock suspension, too.

Oh, and mind you - i have not had an alignment yet (still settling) nor do i have the camber kit(s) installed. I can't wait to see how they perform once they're dialed in...

Overall, i'm super stoked that i went with these springs. They look great and perform extremely well. Highly recommended if you're looking for an aggressive drop without coilovers.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm on the stock shocks for now. After doing some research, guys were going over 20K on the stock shocks with no real problems. I'll just wait for them to blow, and then upgrade to something better. If it happens sooner rather than later, then so be it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I love my neuspeed race springs. My rear sits way higher than yours though, do you think It's because I havent cut the bumpstops?

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
I love my neuspeed race springs. My rear sits way higher than yours though, do you think It's because I havent cut the bumpstops?
Unless your car is sitting on the bump stops at rest, then I doubt it. Cutting the bump stop allows for more travel when on drop springs to gain back some of the travel lost due to the drop.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was thinking that may be the case, but the bumpstops would only come into play once the spring was compressed, no? can anyone else chime in here? i think the bumpstops only have to do with the maximum shock travel allowed, not how they sit in the vehicle with standard load.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have the Neuspeed race springs also. I love them. The ride height is perfect, and they are nice and stiff. I know what you mean by night and day difference. I just wish the rear sat a tad higher. I didn't cut ANYTHING by the way, no bumpstops. I've had no weird noises either, it's been 2 months. congrats.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the Neuspeed race springs also. I love them. The ride height is perfect, and they are nice and stiff. I know what you mean by night and day difference. I just wish the rear sat a tad higher. I didn't cut ANYTHING by the way, no bumpstops. I've had no weird noises either, it's been 2 months. congrats.
so your rear sits lower and you did not cut the bumpstops? well there's our answer.

i wish that the front was just a tad lower, rather than the back a tad higher.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
oh wow... so the Neuspeeds blow away the Pro-K in terms of handling? comfort? or what exactly? i was looking to get Pro-K here REAL SOON for my FG1 and am glad i found this thread! i actually like the drop look from the Eibachs better (judging from your pictures, redpepSi), but this im gonna have to think about for a while!

atlprofessor, you said your rear doesnt sit as low. thats why i like the Pro-K, bc of the raked look. can you post some pics of your stance? and you do have the "Race" springs, right?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh wow... so the Neuspeeds blow away the Pro-K in terms of handling? comfort? or what exactly? i was looking to get Pro-K here REAL SOON for my FG1 and am glad i found this thread! i actually like the drop look from the Eibachs better (judging from your pictures, redpepSi), but this im gonna have to think about for a while!

atlprofessor, you said your rear doesnt sit as low. thats why i like the Pro-K, bc of the raked look. can you post some pics of your stance? and you do have the "Race" springs, right?
IMO, there is no comparison in the handling dept - there is very little body roll in the Neu Race compared to the Pro-Kit, which really keeps it planted in the corners. The ride is considerably better with the Pro-Kit, though. Depends on what you're looking for in springs, i suppose.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
IMO, there is no comparison in the handling dept - there is very little body roll in the Neu Race compared to the Pro-Kit, which really keeps it planted in the corners. The ride is considerably better with the Pro-Kit, though. Depends on what you're looking for in springs, i suppose.
thanks for the info and great review. Pro-K it is for me then :thumb:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts