8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering those Konig Countersteers since my 'hook-up' at discount tire fell through. They're the Time Attack style ones.

My question - Should I get Red or Black lugs? I can't visualize which would look better..

Btw, white sedan if that matters.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
OOO so this is why u made that other thread! now it all makes sense...congrats on ur purchase and i hope ur happy with it :)

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
You should have worked with Tom, aka ThePiper at the Eden Prairie Discount Tire. He did right by me when I got my Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NitrousG35 said:
You should have worked with Tom, aka ThePiper at the Eden Prairie Discount Tire. He did right by me when I got my Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S.
I went to discount and they lied to me, which sucks because I wanted to order the wheels through a store I could physically go to if I had problems, but it didn't work out.

First they told me they could acquire ANY wheels, konig or rota, that I wanted. After I told them what I wanted (5-6 spoke (resemblance of a TE37 = good), in either a rich bronze or in flat black with a red lip..

He can't find anything I want, all he does is show me how cool those 'hot swaps' are, which are the ugliest pieces of crap I've ever seen. So then I start looking for my rims, because my previous assumption of him being able to find all sorts of wheels was wrong.

First I find the Konig countersteers.. but then he can't get them (those are 550 shipped for pretty much my exact 'wants'). Then I find the Rota SDX's are made in flat black with a red lip, and I can order the Grids in that color as well. All along he has been telling me I can get a good deal through him on the Rota's because he can buy them whole-sale. Well when it comes down to buying the grids, he quotes me at $185 a wheel (I know it's not THAT much, cheap for a wheel.. but it can be had cheaper) plus installation fees. So $740 for the rims + lug set + mounting fees was about $840, whereas when I went with the Konig's my total so far is about $580 plus $50 for Honda to mount them for me. And on top of all that, the Grid's had a MINIMUM two month wait. Basically they wouldn't make my wheels until they had 20 orders.. so if I was the first one to order, it would take two months to make + wait for others to order. So basically the only way they would come in the originally promised 6-8 weeks was if I was the last person to order my set.

So as you can possibly see, I'm kind of mad I kept going down to discount only to find that I was never going to get a good price. They're on the opposite end of town for me (NE, I'm SW), but I kept driving up there to see what was going on, and in the end it was purposeless.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
If you need a 2nd opinion..get red.

Black on black is very bland. I received no comments on my black Gramlights with my black lugs.

After I got some red rays lugs I've received 5-10 compliments already in the month or two that I've had them.

Red really compliments black well and liven's up bland black wheels!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts