8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i be cheap and clay bar the car with just h20 lol. Has anyone tried? what makes quick detailer different?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
earthsfate said:
can i be cheap and clay bar the car with just h20 lol. Has anyone tried? what makes quick detailer different?
You can use soap and water... or water... or quick detailer. The quick detailer is recommended by some because it helps clean and make it look glossier. I use soap and water because it's cheaper and I always wax and condition my paint after a clay bar session.

Basically, you need some kind of lube. Soap and water or quick detailer is best because they have cleaners in them to help you out and are a little "slicker" than just water to help the clay out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
what i usually do is just clay the car while im washing it... that is i have the wash mitt in one hand and the clay bar in the other and i cleanse a panel at a time with the soapy mitt, then i run the clay over it like i was doing it with the QD, then i go over it agian with the wash mitt and proceed to the next panel. this avoids having to wash the car agian after doing the clay. also save your old clay bars and use them on the glass and the wheels- yes the wheels, they are painted just the same as the car and need to be waxed and washed just as if they were your hood

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I used soap+water to clay my hubcaps after i got done claying my car the proper way. The soap+water broke up the clay and it fell apart

·
Registered
100 Posts
asndragonboii said:
I used soap+water to clay my hubcaps after i got done claying my car the proper way. The soap+water broke up the clay and it fell apart
you may have been pressing too hard.... what type of soap were you using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts