8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have done some minor engine work that has caused me to lose around half my total stock coolant and since I lost coolant, I bought some 50/50 cheap stuff from autozone to add. Will mixing the 'stock'(i guess you would call it) coolant with different coolant cause any problems? My theory is that they are both 50/50 mixture coolant's so they shouldnt cause any problems but the only reason I ask is because the 'stock' coolant is a blueish color and the coolant I bought is a neon green color.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my best bet is going to honda and get some new OEM coolant and flushing the whole system? Anyone have a pic or reference to where the coolant drainplug is? How much coolant do our cars take because I only have a 3 gallon drain pan to use.

·
Registered
112 Posts
the Honda fluid is for aluminum blocks, a lot of the other stuff is not designed for aluminum but iron blocks. The Aluminum is more prone to degradation from using different fluids, when i bought the car i bougth a gallon about 2-3 bucks more than autozone coolant but worth it. Def go OEM

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
follow the radiator down to the bottom under the car. There is a white screw in plug that has a yellow line to show when it's matched up correctly.

It's right under the front bumper in a gap made so you don't have to take off plastic to get to the plug.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.