8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it has been about 2 months since I put my Injen CAI on and figured I should probably check it out and clean it. But what exactly do I do? I know how to take the bumper off and all of that but once I get the filter should I just take any debris off or what exactly? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
just clean it in soap and water, blow dry and reoil... shake off any excess oil as it will destroy your maf.

providing its of the cotton+oil variety.

·
Registered
35,569 Posts
get a bucket, fill it with watr, take the filter off, completely submerge it in water, and shake it around in the water a little bit, take it out, let it dry... but idt u shud make a habit of doing it every 2 months... i THINK each time u wash it u make the filter weakers, its like a coffee maker filter... u keep getting it wet eventually it'll rip, IMHO but im sure K&N says different

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
First, check to see if your filter is in fact either a dry filter or an oiled filter. If you oil a dry filter, you just f'd it up and need a new one.

Dry filters just need a washing, Oiled , need a washing then a re oil. Fujita Filters are a dry filter. Injen, I have no idea. Should be listed on their website, of instructions that came with your setup.

You should be able to just remove your drivers side tire, undo the fender well and peel it back, and have easy access to your filter. (this is what I do with my sedan and my cai) Check it out, if it needs cleaning, do it, if not, just replace everything, done.
sut replace everything, done.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i have the CAI from Injen and it's a wet filter. there's a cleaning kit you can buy to clean the filter. I had mine on for a while (about a year) and when i took it off to be cleaned it was still clean.

·
Registered
853 Posts
hate to bump up a 2 month old thread, but I'm cleaning my Injen CAI right now. I removed the front bumper, took the filter off, shook it out, put it in some water with soap and swished it around. then I took the K&N cleaner and sprayed it on, lightly hosed it off, then put it back in the bucket with clean water to get the rest out. I let it sit out in the sun for about a half hour to make sure everything is dry.

Then I was bored and took my MAF out and cleaned it with some MAF cleaner (you never know if oil from the filter got into it somehow... that could be why I have a CEL.. hmm) so t hey're both out drying in the nice PA sun right now. I tell ya.. after putting in a CAI and trying to get the MAF out is horrible. I had to disconnect the CAI from the TB and twist it around then push it down further so I could get a screw driver to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.