8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, im obviously new to this site as I just recently sold my baby 88 CRX...something i never thought i would do. I figured it was time to step up and buy something new with my hard earned money. I'm fully aware of the "rumor" about the SI with NAVI units being discontinued or whatever...my plan is to order an SI with Navi in alabaster silver hopefully this weekend. I'm completely WILLING to wait however long it takes to get this car, it doesnt matter to me. I used www.cars.com and received quotes from 3 dealers with the following specs desired by me. Navi unit,wheel locks,allseason floor mats,cargo net,trunk liner, and fog lights. My 3 quotes were as follows and i was told these are the out-the-door prices. $24,400....$23,860....and $23,500. The last one isnt too bad considering the sticker price with all my options and destination fee included would be $22,800. Since i know these cars are hard to get, when you go to the dealer that you choose, do they try to avoid ordering the car from the factory? Recently i visited my local dealership and he was basically insisting on looking for the car for me instead of ordering. Can i request that i want it ordered and they have to do it? like i said im willing to wait however long for this car.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I've run into the same problem in the past. They usually want to locate the car if possible first. If that can't be done - they'll order. As far as the Si goes, you'll probably have to go ahead an order since there aren't a lot out on the market (unspoken for). Let us know what happens, and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
518 Posts
place a order.
youll have to more then likely if u want the navi..
and uggghh dunno, hope u dont have to wait till 07 for it to show up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats what i plan on doing, is just going there this weekend and stating that i wanna order one. I definitely dont wanna wait until 2007 by any means, but waiting 2-3 months wont bother me at all...i have a car to drive in the meantime :) thanks for the input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts