8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off id like to say that the header install wasnt as painfuly hard as people make it out to be even though it took a total of 6.5 hours but it was just me working on it. Its a PITA from all the weird angles you have to be in to get out bolts and such, and yea i ended up with some busted knuckles and cuts. Taking the header out was the easiest thing out of the whole thing, if you follow the DCRH install diy then it just comes right out with a wiggle up, down, left, and right. My questions are though, that when installing i took out the heatshield ontop of the stock header(offcourse) and another one that sits near the cabin area, and offcourse this would increase heat but would it increase to the point were it could potentially damage anything? Such as melting wires and such? The 02 sensors look alot closer than with the stock and was also wondering if these were potential damage to the wires there as well. I made sure nothing's touching either btw.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Tredd, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I noticed the heat shield too, but haven't noticed any apparent heat related damage. Your wires should be fine as well. If things really bug you, you can buy adhesive backed metallic insulation and apply it to areas you feel might be affected. For me, I have never, ever given any thought to heat damage.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tredd, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I noticed the heat shield too, but haven't noticed any apparent heat related damage. Your wires should be fine as well. If things really bug you, you can buy adhesive backed metallic insulation and apply it to areas you feel might be affected. For me, I have never, ever given any thought to heat damage.
haha wow thanks for the quick response nitrous:thumb:! How long have u had ur vibrant for and any issues with it?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
For over a year and about 6,000 miles. Never had one glitch. No leaks, no CEL's, no rattling, nothing except better performance. I love mine and feel it is the best way to go if I go F/I.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I was worried about heat related damage when I was doing the install and posted with the same question. So far I haven't had a single problem with the setup at all in the 2-3k miles I've put on with it. Now with my s/c, it's just amazing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts