8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! I purchased a 2006 Civic LX for my son for Christmas. It's a 4-door. The vehicle is currently at the shop getting the necessary maintenance (fluids, brakes, etc.)

After the car is mechanically sound, I want to execute some minor modifications. I found a spoiler on Amazon for a good price:

It has good reviews, and I'll have it professionally installed (since the trunk lid will need to be drilled). (I couldn't post the link because of this site's spam filter.)

I thought I read on another forum that I need to upgrade the trunk or the springs the trunk to handle the extra weight of the spoiler when the trunk is open. However, I searched this forum and haven't seen anything indicating that to be correct. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

I would also like to change the grille. I really like these styles:

- carid.com/2006-honda-civic-si-grill/grillcraft-mx-grille-353861.html (Will this fit my 4-door? It isn't an Si.)

- carid.com/duraflex/jdm-type-r-style-fiberglass-conversion-grille-mpn-107744.html?singleid=12880090&url=3571512 (I can't use it because it requires a JDM bumper)

Does anyone manufacture bumpers in these styles for my vehicle?

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
2009 Honda Civic EX
15 Posts
So there is a reason why they tell you to update the springs is because eventually, slamming down your trunk with an extra weight is gonna cause something to break. That something you don't want to go find out. LMAO

I would HONESTLY stay away from Amazon and CariD for parts, but they are good using as a reference. The pages you provided are giving me a 404 code, so try to find a picture of it on another website and edit your original post.

PLEASE stick to USDM and not JDM parts unless you PLAN on doing a conversion later down the line. I would look in K-Tune or Bayson R for parts if anything, OfferUp, maybe a local junkyard (you will be surprised as to what you can find).

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts