8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So someone stole the rear spoiler off my 07 Si Sedan. They didn't do any damage to the trunk luckily.

I want to know what options I have.. is it possible to order a replacement already painted and just put it on myself? Are there aftermarket spoilers available, and how do I know if they fit? I kind of like the look without the spoiler, but there are holes for the clips and break light wiring.. can I leave the spoiler off somehow? Do I have to have the break light?

Do I need to cover the clip/wiring holes to protect from rain for the time being and what should I use?

Lastly, I didn't call the police since I didn't want to screw up my Carfax for something dumb like a spoiler. I'm not going to put in an insurance claim since I have $1000 comprehensive deductible. Should I call the police anyway?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just because you call the police doesn't mean it will be recorded for insurance etc. I would def. call the police if I were you. That is pretty odd they stole your spoiler though. Wouldn't they have to get into your trunk to do that??? And you can order a replacement prepainted from your Honda dealership, the only problem is, it will probably be pretty pricey.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
how did they steal the spoiler without damage? unless the took the time to unbolt it from inside the trunk....and then i ask how they got into your trunk?

you coul duse anyhting to cover the holes in teh trunk. if it s a short term "cover" you could even use tape...

if your not going to go through insurance, i wouldnt bother callign the police. there not going to do anything over a stolen spoiler.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how did they steal the spoiler without damage? unless the took the time to unbolt it from inside the trunk....and then i ask how they got into your trunk?

Oh there was damage.. but the damage was just to the spoiler.. not the trunk.. the clips are still there with busted off plastic around it.. They were either trying to be considerate or they were just idiots (i go with the latter).

It pisses me off because I don't see what value they are going to get out of a busted up spoiler and yet it is gunna cost me so much to fix it..

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^any aftermarket spoiler is going to require you to fill the holes in teh trunk and get it painted.

unless there is one you really like, your better off getting an OEM one from the dealer.
BTW, is the FA5 3rd brake light in the spoiler? becuase i think that part alone is almost $200 if it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
That's the strangest thing I've read in a while. I think you're right--whoever got it was an idiot. Maybe just a hater. But def file a police report. It may accomplish nothing, but if there is more vandalism in that area, you reporting it may help nab the offender.

As for replacement, get another one from your dealer. It will be pricey, but anything aftermarket will require body work on those @#$!ing holes for the wire connections.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i figure if they were just hating they woulda keyed it or at least left the spoiler laying there.. not take it with them.. it was at my girlfriend's apt complex.. the area is a dump though and there is always vandalism. the apt complex has a rent a cop on patrol at all times but that clearly hasnt been much of a deterrent in the past.. I don't suppose that I can recover anything from the apartment for their crappy security?

I have report incidents in the past in other cities and it usually results in me wasting a day off work waiting for the cops to show up and then them telling me i am wasting their time. if there's a chance it will go on my carfax, i will just hold off calling them..

I don't know what FA5 means but yes, there is a brake light in the spoiler.

I am figuring its going to be about $1k to fix.. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^i would say parts #46-51 are all that are required for the install. remember to order the recommended quantity that they list are necessary.
ok I'm going to order 45-51 and try to go with that.. I am not sure what I need to do for the wiring for the brake light at this point. Hopefully they will have a wiring diagram or something for the lighting. i bet that they clipped off a harness though. is there some type of shop manual that I can buy that would tell me how to do the wiring?

Thanks very much for your help!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and i should just use tape to cover the holes for now? i would imagine it won't be fixed for a few weeks.. should i use duct tape or something? will this harm the paint? thanks again.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
use the blue painters tape and tape over the holes..replace every few days.

go to you honda dealer and get them write you up what you need. then say ull come back later and ask them to print it out. then order it off college hills or something. the wiring should just be a plug that you run down from the brake light into the trunk. then there just be another one inside the trunk that it goes into.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
oh wow, that really sucks. You know they probably just trashed it too. The only spoiler i've liked other than the OEM one was the Vis Techno-R spoiler. No third brake light with that though. Hope it all works out for you! Let us know how what happens.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.