8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am awaiting the arrival of my comptech s/c and i was wondering what kind of boost guage to use-i mean in all of your opinions,what's the best?also,where's a good place to put it?it HAS to look clean.thanks alot

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Well... from personal experience... I bought an AutoMeter for my 95 GSX (back in 2002) and it broke... so then I had to go thru warranty with them (thankfully there facility is 3 hours away from me) ... then, in 2004 I bought my SRT-4 and it came stock with a boost gauge and it was LITERALLY 2psi off after about 4 months of owning it... so I said screw it and bought the GReddy E-01 (boost controller screen/e-manage tuner)..

Personally... Defi, Stewart Warner, HKS, and GReddy are all the best... HOWEVER there going to be really expensive... which is where AutoMeter comes into play. There affordable and a lot of people have great success with them... I however will never buy them again :)

EDIT: as far as where to buy them... if its AutoMeter your looking for then LITERALLY EVERYONE sells them... www.summitracing.com I've found out usually has the best prices for just the gauge itself. However, some of the sponsors on the boards offer discount for being 8thcivic.com members (just have to PM and ask...thats all).

EDIT #2 lol: http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=autometer+boost+gauge&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=700+115

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Defi gauges are sexy. i just wish i understood how to work them lmao

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i was thinking about guages for my new kit also till i realised the boost is basically limited by the pulley and theres basically no need for a boost guage on a supercharger kit limited at 5psi vs a turbo kit per say.... its up to u. but its not 100% nessesary. considering the charger and the reflash dictate 100% of our cars and regardless of guages we have nothing to say about it till k-pro comes out.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
^^^ true but... its nice to know whats goin on with your car. :) It's kinda like adding an Air/Fuel gauge... not needed but definately recommended when going FI :)

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
very true. and this is prob why i will eventually run a boost guage and oil or a/f gauge sometime down the road. however i just think its not 100% nessesary to run the car safely as long as reflashes are what dictate the car's functions.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Go for the tru-boost, Its the Best, very easy to programs and the girls dig the digital stuff.I was the test dummy for aem on that gauge. Tried it on my Old Subaru. Great product!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
the one i run is Stewart warner and it reads 30 inhg vac to 15 psi boost in full sweep so its easier to read for our low psi boost applications. other wise, most needles move like 2 cm per 5 psi of boost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts