8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have a 2008 LX (2DR-Auto) and it has about 17,600 miles on it. Typically, my car starts up instantly right when I turn the key. Recently, it has taken an extra 2-3 seconds to start instead of it instantly firing. I am in 50 degree weather and up so it isn't unusually cold or anything. The engine runs fine when it's going and the car starts, but it seems to take a few extra seconds for it to fire over which I know isn't like it use to be. I'm not an expert which is why I'm asking for some ideas on what might be causing the delay in the firing?

Is it the spark plugs? Battery? Pressure in the fuel line? I wouldn't assume it would be the spark plugs or battery at 17,600 miles or?

Any suggestions?

I'm taking it in to a tech on Thursday to see what may be causing the delay. I understand this may not be a big deal to some people, but I try to stay ontop of any small complications that might turn into something big down the road.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
443 Posts
1st off, I didn't know that batteries are covered under the factory warranty.

Within the first 24 months, each of my new honda cars have needed a new battery. Most recently, my 08 SI needed a battery after 11 months and 4,000 miles.

My other Honda batteries that didn't make it to 24 months were:
84 crx
92 lx civic
02 hybrid civic
06 ex civic

Non of these cars had any aftermarket electronic equipment.

·
Registered
606 Posts
1st off, I didn't know that batteries are covered under the factory warranty.

Within the first 24 months, each of my new honda cars have needed a new battery. Most recently, my 08 SI needed a battery after 11 months and 4,000 miles.

My other Honda batteries that didn't make it to 24 months were:
84 crx
92 lx civic
02 hybrid civic
06 ex civic

Non of these cars had any aftermarket electronic equipment.
Must be your bad luck. I've gone 3 years/40k miles on my 07 EX OEM battery bought brand new. Car starts on first turn every time (very few times has it hesitated and taken 2 or 3 seconds like OP states, usually after it sits several days). I also live in Louisiana where it's a very warm climate.

There are also threads about '08 and newer models having hesitant starts and even taking 2 or three turns to start. Seems to be a popular issue with newer models. Search around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.