8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I drive with my heel planted to the floor while my foot pivots to acceleration, brake, or clutch. The OEM black anti-slip nubbins keep me from being able to drive like i want to. I know the brake and clutch petals are made up of a plastic backing, a rubber nubbin layer, and a thin metal plate. I want to be able to remove the rubber nubbin all together but I cant seem to find the right tool to do so. It almost looks like (3) allen head screws that hold the pieces together, am I right or is it something else?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Actually, the metal covers are riveted on. You could drill them out, remove the rubber insert and then rivet them back on, but that would be a pain in the ass.

I just used a razor blade and sliced them off. (I have a pair of shoes that hangs up on the nubbies). I did a terrible job of it and some of the rubber still sticks up.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, the metal covers are riveted on. You could drill them out, remove the rubber insert and then rivet them back on, but that would be a pain in the ass.

I just used a razor blade and sliced them off. (I have a pair of shoes that hangs up on the nubbies). I did a terrible job of it and some of the rubber still sticks up.
Wow that is really weak, thanks for the insight though. Maybe if it bugs me enough I'll do that as well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.