8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, new to the boards and so far its given me a ton of information. :wavey:

I've always used Meguiars cleaner/polish/wax all-in-one paste on my other cars, and for this new car (08 Si) I decided to go a little more complete in terms of car care. I decided to give TW ICE a try at the urging of a friend. Now, he assured me that this TW ICE liquid polish would take the place of waxing, however after doing some more research I'm not too sure. I have some left over Meguiars liquid carnauba, should I throw on a coat of that after the TW ICE? If its not necessary would it hurt if I did?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Im sorry, but that TW Ice is not very good at all. Personally I would recommend SwirlX once a year on the car to get rid of some minor scratches, and following up with a nice wax- S100 found at Harley for $15.99 easy to use and looks nice, or for $35 Autoglym HD which at that price is one of the best deals.

Take care of that baby!
Remember most swirls and scratches come from washing, so try to use 2 buckets, a good shampoo, good wash media (microfiber mitt works great), some nice drying towels and wash the car a panel at a time (top to bottom) not coming up once you reached the lower areas, then rinse the dirt in the rinse bucket, squeeze water out then wash bucket (continued until you finish the car)

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
You could be like me and not want to wax every few weeks and spring for a good sealant. Go to autopia.org and read about sealants. I think Wolfgang makes one, Blackfire wet diamond, klasse, Zaino, etc.

I personally use Zaino and love it. Lasts quite a long time and has stellar results. It was pricy. About $100 to get me started but I orderd that over a year ago and I'm just about 1/2 way thru it. And that's doing many other cars besides my own.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You could be like me and not want to wax every few weeks and spring for a good sealant. Go to autopia.org and read about sealants. I think Wolfgang makes one, Blackfire wet diamond, klasse, Zaino, etc.

I personally use Zaino and love it. Lasts quite a long time and has stellar results. It was pricy. About $100 to get me started but I orderd that over a year ago and I'm just about 1/2 way thru it. And that's doing many other cars besides my own.
About sealants, yea they are getting really GOOD!! Zaino still has amazing durability and that glossy look, but all the mixing with Z2 with the flash accelerator just to get good results, but in the end its not the best protecting from the environmental elements. Not saying its bad in any way though. The new Menzerna Power Lock is KILLER! I have never used Blackfire Wet Diamond, but ask Rasky and even he agrees that these two are up there at the top of the sealant list. From what I read MPL is a bit easier to use, and thats pretty much the only difference.

MPL- Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant - 16 oz | Detailed Image

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
I havn't used the PowerLock yet, but I just got some a few days ago. From what I hear it's really close to Blackfire Wet Diamond which is really good. I would suggest those two.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I'll have to look into them. This Zaino that I have was rather expensive though and I'd hate to just waste it by buying a new product!!

I guess it's OK since I garage my car at night and in the winter...

Maybe I'll teach my dad how to use it and give it to him....

I just want to try something new without breaking the bank!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts