8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
question on fuse panel under the steering column on 2006 civic coupe

Hey guys/gals,

I am new to the site, and been using google all over to answer hopefully my easy question here.

I have a 2006 Honda Civic coupe and I recently found that my Accessory fuse blew out so I can't use my power charger at this time. I have the fuse to replace it with (15 amp) and the fuse puller, but going down under to see and perform the replacement, I find the fuses are protected by another plastic piece that keeps me from getting to them. The only thing I noticed is there is one screw above (which I removed), but it didn't do anything to free or remove that plastic cover.

Can I be linked or just told how to remove that cover so I can replace my fuse? I'd like to be able to charge stuff again through that outlet. Much appreciation and thanks in advance.

-=Sandra :wavey:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh really? It looked like i could not pull it out as the plastic on top of it appears to be covering them in a way that would keep me from pulling them out.

so i take it the fuses have gotten smaller huh? I have a kit of fuses with the fuse puller but it looks bigger than what's under the steering wheel. I'll give it another shot and let you know. I'll post a pic too if I can.

Thanks for your help. Will report back later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use long pliers to pull it out.
It took the long needle nose to pull those out. the ones that come with the car suck, they do not work. One pull of the needle nose, and it came out. I found some replacement fuses (mini ones, first i've seen, i usually have messed with the standard size, hence why i thought the cover was blocking me from getting to them)

I got it replaced, and found that a 30 was inserted there instead of a 15. Once I replaced it with the correct one, it worked just fine.

Thanks everybody for your help!! I'm stoked at being able to charge again, especially for my portable navi =D :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently replaced the alternator in my 07' civic but now the navigation, radio, and keyless entry don't work. I thought perhaps the fuses were blown at some point, but when I tried prying the old fuses out, the metal prongs all break off inside the fuse box! I can't put new ones in like that, so I have no idea whether it's even the fuses or something else... I haven't found ANY info on the internet explaining why the metal are getting stuck inside, or what to do to get them out. Any ideas?? If it's not the fuses, what else could it be?

ANY help would be appreciated, I don't have the money to spend on elaborate diagnostics so I'm doing what I can on my own to find the problem....

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I recently replaced the alternator in my 07' civic but now the navigation, radio, and keyless entry don't work. I thought perhaps the fuses were blown at some point, but when I tried prying the old fuses out, the metal prongs all break off inside the fuse box! I can't put new ones in like that, so I have no idea whether it's even the fuses or something else... I haven't found ANY info on the internet explaining why the metal are getting stuck inside, or what to do to get them out. Any ideas?? If it's not the fuses, what else could it be?

ANY help would be appreciated, I don't have the money to spend on elaborate diagnostics so I'm doing what I can on my own to find the problem....

Thanks!!!
the metal is getting stuck inside?? are you sure that you are not getting confused with the type of fuse it is..do they look like this:

·
Registered
1 Posts
oh really? It looked like i could not pull it out as the plastic on top of it appears to be covering them in a way that would keep me from pulling them out.

so i take it the fuses have gotten smaller huh? I have a kit of fuses with the fuse puller but it looks bigger than what's under the steering wheel. I'll give it another shot and let you know. I'll post a pic too if I can.

Thanks for your help. Will report back later.
You aren't the only one 🤨. We tried the stock puller and it's too big. We went and bought a smaller one and it STILL won't fit... So dumb. They are completely flush with the plastic, we've never seen it before either and we've had our fair share lol. I think your right with the cover thing so that's what I'm browsing for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.