8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you dont want to anwser my question because its about an rsx dont leave nothing.thank you

my friend has a 03 type s i/h/e/ and the transmission is from a 05-06 type s .now ive driven in a 03 type s with the same mods besides the tranny and it doesnt spinn tires in 1st when your wot.
now this perticular rsx does so im wondering if it chipped or not.theres no nitrous no boost???so im still wondering what it can be??or can it be the tranny ???he wont admit it but i think it might be a reflash, but does the reflash give the type s that much power.....and how would i be able to find out.

thanx :wavey:

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
the reflash gives a few horsepower low end, 20-30 horsepower between 4500-5800 rpms and maybe 1-5 horsepower top end.

kpro tuned with bolt-ons can make 215+ whp, which is probably what he has maybe?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im trying to find out exactly what he has .he says he has i/h/e/ and 05-06 tranny.but its faster than any other rsx with i/h/e/.i really dont think the tranny does that much of a diffrence so im wondering if hes chipped???????

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
it probably cause of the transmission he might have a newer or better clutch cause when i got my car i used to be able to scratch 1st 2nd and sometimes even third gear now i can barely get 2nd.

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
different tires can make a difference.If you think it's a reflash does it rev higher or "hit vtec" earlier?You only mention power mods but any suspension mods can increase tire grip giving the appearance of less power.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Either way, it could be a number of things, but my best bet if he really doesn't have kpro?

bald tires FROM spinning them.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the reflash gives a few horsepower low end, 20-30 horsepower between 4500-5800 rpms and maybe 1-5 horsepower top end.

kpro tuned with bolt-ons can make 215+ whp, which is probably what he has maybe?
i dont think he has kpro because he still revs to 8200 8300 .and if it is how can i prove it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
suspension is on s techs, hasport motormounts 7in pionneer touch screen aem short ram, strup headers , and tic exhaust and 05-06 tranny falken tires brand new still spins.. exact mods

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
mayeb that type s has a new light weight flywheel?

cuz before i got mine i wasnt able to break the tires loose in 1st but after i got it installed with my exedy clutch i tear up the tires about 5kish...

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I think even the stock rsx or stock si or ex will spin at fisrt if you dump the clutch. I don't think you need k-pro or nitrous to do this. Maybe the 03 rsx that you drove has slipping clutch already.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts