8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am an 8th gen member from Minnesota, this weekend I am traveling to Orlando for business, but I have a day off in which I am renting a car.

My question is this: I have been to Florida many times, but I can't remember that much. I am interested in taking a drive to the coast, where should I go? Daytona Beach? Cocoa Beach? West Palm Beach? Gulf Coast? I really have no idea. Not looking for much else than some nice Florida scenery and an ocean-view.

Thanks for the help.

Jon

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'd say probably cocoa or daytona. West palm may be a bit of a long drive just for some scenery for the day. You can drive on the beach in daytona.

·
Registered
897 Posts
HondaFamilyMan said:
Hi,

I am an 8th gen member from Minnesota, this weekend I am traveling to Orlando for business, but I have a day off in which I am renting a car.

My question is this: I have been to Florida many times, but I can't remember that much. I am interested in taking a drive to the coast, where should I go? Daytona Beach? Cocoa Beach? West Palm Beach? Gulf Coast? I really have no idea. Not looking for much else than some nice Florida scenery and an ocean-view.

Thanks for the help.

Jon
For where you will be at...Daytona or Cocoa would be best. To drive all the way to West Palm Beach would be a mission. You don't really need to travel too far to find good "scenery" and a great beach in Florida. If I told you to drive south to PB or Lauderdale or go west to the gulf coast...I'd feel like I was wasting your day off by having you drive forever. Head over to Cocoa or Daytona and you'll have fun and get to actually ENJOY the day.

Feel free to hit me up if you have more questions tho....

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
squidmaster said:
Dude! COME
there is an awesome meet
I live in orlando also!
That sucks it is on Sunday, Saturday is my only day off on the trip. That would've been sweet. I am renting a Ford Mustang, I could rolled pony-style to your meet....damn!

·
Banned
8,394 Posts
What time on sunday do you leave?

well tomorrow night there is a meet, if you want to though I am sure we can get a whole bunch of people from clubRSX and 8thgen to go out to eat or something.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
squidmaster said:
What time on sunday do you leave?

well tomorrow night there is a meet, if you want to though I am sure we can get a whole bunch of people from clubRSX and 8thgen to go out to eat or something.
I get there on Saturday at noon and do not have to report to work until Sunday morning. We are running a conference 24/7 at the airport Hyatt, so Saturday is my only chance to see the ocean. I work straight through from Sunday and leave Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks for all the tips guys.

·
Registered
811 Posts
They've had alot of construction going on on singer island lately. I'd avoid that area for a little while. It used to be beautiful there, but has gone down hill lately. I hope the city gets their act together and cleans it back up. It was a great hangout spot. I actually got married about a quarter mile north of there a few years ago out on the beach.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
avho said:
They've had alot of construction going on on singer island lately. I'd avoid that area for a little while. It used to be beautiful there, but has gone down hill lately. I hope the city gets their act together and cleans it back up. It was a great hangout spot. I actually got married about a quarter mile north of there a few years ago out on the beach.
i didnt know that. that does suck.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Just hop on 528 and go East = Cocoa Beach - It is a straight shot on a toll road and thee area isn't bad - I should add I am not much of a beach person however :thumb: Enjoy your weekend!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts