8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
you'll be able to swap it out later anyways, and yes to some extent you would be considered a poser but as far as i'm concerned you got a civic well then RIGHT ON, anyways to tell you the truth the 7thgen civic coupe always looked much much better to me than the SI so coupe ex is okay in my book

EDIT: However, DO NOT REBADGE IT that is kinda lamo you can make it look exactly the same as the Si but dont rebadge it leave it ex or take off the ex altogether.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that too, I'm definitely not doing that...if it's an ex than it's an ex...

I might have to stick with my 7th gen, :( forget the 8th all together, until I can save up...

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
yah, I wouldn't think it would be that bad to put on a black hood etc. I'm sure quite a few people will put carbon hoods on anyway. Remember - the SI will not have that hood black stock. The production civic SI will have the same matching hood color as the body paint color. The black hood was only done for concept. I say do whatever you like. Just don't put SI on it or whatever like he said.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah you're right...it's not like it's completely different...

If all else fails then I'll do everything but the SI badge...

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Hi future! :banana-wa

If you made your new Civic look like that, I don't think you would get laughed at. You might get a few compliments. :thumb: :thumb:

But, on the other hand if you bought a Civic and put all the Si badging on, I know people look at that in disgust. It happens often enough.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
EDIT: POST DELETED...

I just wrote that I didn't know what to get, an SI or a tC...

I'm definitely going SI...You guys rock compared to the tC boards...
Freakin' MOD NAZI'S...(I listed the differences between an SI and a tC and it got deleted...)

For what it's worth...
Thanks 8thCivic.com mods/owners/members for making this a cool place...

·
Registered
244 Posts
FutureSiOwner said:
EDIT: POST DELETED...

I just wrote that I didn't know what to get, an SI or a tC...

I'm definitely going SI...You guys rock compared to the tC boards...
Freakin' MOD NAZI'S...(I listed the differences between an SI and a tC and it got deleted...)

For what it's worth...
Thanks 8thCivic.com mods/owners/members for making this a cool place...
haha sounds like somone is afraid of the competition... anyways it also sounds like the tC owners are turning into SRT4 owners...you're welcome and enjoy your stay, most of the time honda communities are very open and very understanding. You will find ocasional a$$holes but mostly they are nice people :wavey:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2fast4u2 said:
Hi future! :banana-wa
I missed this before...Hi!

02boostlessVIC said:
haha sounds like somone is afraid of the competition...
Definitely!

02boostlessVIC said:
anyways it also sounds like the tC owners are turning into SRT4 owners...
I wouldn't doubt it, I ran into another group of car people, telling me not to get the tC because it's a very feminine (sp?) car...I've heard that like 10 times in the last 3 days...who cares really, but what a weird reputation for a car to get...to be branded...

Last I checked the only way you could tell a car was for a girl or a boy was by checking if it had a tailpipe or not...heh (bad joke) (I could've said "stick") (worse joke)

...anyways...thanks again, you guys rock...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the input...

I decided to go Silver with black rims, instead...I can't get over the fact that it would look like an SI but it wasn't...that would be lame...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts